We've moved! Peek & Ponder has moved homes and is not updating this site. You will be redirected to http://peekandponder.com.

April 9, 2012

Spring Nails

Last week I talked about Spring makeup trends so I thought I should also include a post about Spring nail trends. I didn't really get into painting my nails on a regular basis until a year or two ago when I kept seeing videos and blogs about polishes and it sparked an interest in me. So now I find myself scoping out the nail polish area at the store, looking up colors and collections online, and buying polishes more than ever.

This season's colors include bright hues, nudes and pastels. Here are some colors to consider this season.


Pistachio


These two light green shades are perfect pistachio colors. On the left, Butter London Bossy Boots. On the right, Essie Navigate Her.



Tangerine, Coral, and Peach hues


Above on the left,Sally Hansen Smooth and Perfect in Sorbet which is a beautiful soft peach color. In the middle is Laura Mercier Nail Laquer in Cabana - a nice coral. On the left, Orly Truly Tangerine. 



Nudes



Deborah Lippmann Naked (left), Zoya Anne (middle), and OPI's Samoan Sand are all nice nude shades.


Fuchsia 
Essie | NARS

Above on the left is Tour de Finance by Essie and Schiap by NARS. Both are pretty fuchsia shades for the Spring season.




 Chartreuse 



Chartreuse is a color between green and yellow. Some good examples are Revlon's Zealous (left),  Electric Pineapple by China Glaze (middle), and OPI's Did It On 'Em.


As you can see there are some really fun colors that are hot for the season as well as some softer ones. Which ones will you be trying out?


09 10 Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Subscribe