We've moved! Peek & Ponder has moved homes and is not updating this site. You will be redirected to http://peekandponder.com.

March 25, 2013

Blue Dot Manicure

I'm starting something new on my blog - Monday Manicures! I love sharing my latest nail color and nail art with you guys and I think sharing them on Mondays help make the start of the week a little more lighthearted! Follow the jump for more pictures and info.
















For today's manicure I wanted to do something fun and simple with nail art. I broke my middle nail, so I wanted a design that would distract from its current state.
I recently got a new dual-ended dotting tool that has two sizes of balls on each side. I used the larger side for this dotted mani.



I used two Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear polishes in Pacific Blue (420) and Mint Sorbet (340).
I started with two coats of Pacific Blue. Then I put a few drops of Mint Sorbet onto a plate, dipped the dotting tool into the polish, and added large dots all over my nails. 



Then I applied Nicole by OPI Drying Drops to help speed up the drying process. This stuff works really well! I use a couple drops for each nail and by the time I'm done with one hand, the surface of the nails are already dry.

by 

After my design completely dried, I added a top coat to seal it all together. 






The dots are playful and fun. I think they do make my short nail blend better with the others. It just wants to fit in! 

This is such a fast manicure that is also pretty effortless. It doesn't require skill, so you don't have to stress about the design at all! 

09 10 Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Subscribe