We've moved! Peek & Ponder has moved homes and is not updating this site. You will be redirected to http://peekandponder.com.

March 6, 2013

Feb 2013 Birchbox - Lancome, TIGI, Juicy Couture


February's Birchbox - Red Carpet Ready. Keep reading to find out what I got.
























I finally canceled my Birchbox membership. February's box was my last one. I had a subscription for a year and 5 months so I got to know the service pretty well. I didn't cancel for any particular reason other than the fact that I got a little bored. I think I might eventually try a different one. I would still highly recommend subscribing to the service though. It's only $10 a month and sometimes you'll get full-sized products that are worth much more than that. It's fun to get a surprise in the mail every month. I discovered a lot of great products through my boxes. I still have points to redeem for the shop so you'll be seeing a Birchbox haul soon.

February's box was decent - it contained products that were "Red Carpet Ready". Here's what I got:


In My Box

Jouer Matte Moisture Tint
Full size: 1.7 oz - $38
My sample size: 0.07 fl oz.

About the product
An oil-free tinted  moisturizer with a soft, matte finish. It has SPF 15 and comes in a variety of range of different shades from Porcelain to Hazel.


My thoughts:  I was given the darkest shade, Hazel, which is entirely too dark for me. I won't apply it to my face because it will just look ridiculous, but I tried it out on my hand. It seemed to hydrate my skin pretty well. I noticed a faint shimmer under the light. I think the sample size was a little on the small side.
Would I buy? No. I would need to try a few shades lighter first and I don't think I'd spend $38 on it before trying it. While I love tinted moisturizers, I prefer having more full coverage.


Juicy Couture Couture La La
Full size: $19-90
My sample size: A vial - 0.05 fl oz

About the product
A punk rock update to the original Juicy Couture with notes of mandarin, green apple, red currant, lily of the valley, and orange blossom. It's a blend of fruity, tart, and floral.


My thoughts: I'm still tired of the fragrance samples! I don't feel that they add value to my box at all. In addition, I'm usually not a fan of Juicy fragrances at all! The bottles are beautiful, but most of their scents are not my type. This one, however, is much more appealing to me. It's not overpowering and I love the fruity notes in it.
Would I buy? I would probably get a small bottle of it!


Lancome LA Base Pro 
Full size: $42
My sample size: 0.23 fl oz

About the product
A silicone-based face primer that prolongs the lasting power of your makeup. It's oil-free and gives a matte finish. Ideal for all skin types.


My thoughts: I thought it was pretty cool to receive a product from such a prestigious brand.  I was  bummed it was a primer though. I would've liked to see something a little more fun. The sample size is pretty generous though. I'll be able to use it multiple times.
Would I buy? No. $42 for a primer? Don't think so.


TIGI Catwalk Your Highness Firm Hold Hairspray
Full size:  9 oz - $20.95
My sample size: 2.3 oz

About the product
A volume boosting hairspray that nourishes your strands with botanicals and contains a UV barrier to protect your hair. Tames flyaways and holds style.


My Thoughts: Love this sample. It's my favorite of the whole box. There's a lot of product there. I already used it and it really did hold style very well. It's a thick spray.
Would I buy? It's pricey, so I'm not sure.


Treat
Ghirardelli Milk & Caramel Square
Full size: 5.32 oz bag - $4.25
My sample size: One piece (0.53 oz)

About the product
We all know what these are! Delicious chocolate pieces that are hard to resist. Each square is under 75 calories, but rich in flavor.


My thoughts: I'm not into caramel that much, but when it comes to Ghirardelli, I'll take it all! I especially love the dark chocolate squares.
Would I buy? I already do and will keep doing so.


Join Birchbox
Looking for more Birchbox reviews/hauls? Go here.



Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored or compensated post. I am not affilated with Birchbox. A referral link was used. All opinions are my own.
09 10 Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Subscribe