We've moved! Peek & Ponder has moved homes and is not updating this site. You will be redirected to http://peekandponder.com.

March 5, 2013

Maybelline Rocket Volum' Express Mascara



My thoughts on my newest mascara purchase. Keep reading for my thoughts on the product.

























Every once in awhile, I get the urge to try a new mascara with the hopes of discovering a new favorite. I tend to look for mascaras that separate my lashes while adding volume - I don't really need length. . I avoid mascaras that are too clumpy or messy and I don't buy waterproof formulas. So with all of that in mind, I decided to try out the Rocket from Maybelline.




About The Rocket
-Retail: $5.94-7.99 (depending on where you buy it)
-Fast glide formula
-8x volume
-No clumps
-Supersonic Brush with micro bristles



Intial Thoughts
I liked the application of the mascara. It lengthened my lashes and volumized them. The only thing I didn't care for at first was that it was a messy mascara that seemed to get all over my eyes when I applied it. It wasn't my favorite, but I liked it enough to keep using it in my daily routine. It turns out that I won't be buying it again. Here's why...

Why I Won't Buy Again...
We spent a day at the zoo recently. We were walking around, checking out all of the animal exhibits and I was taking pictures. I wear contacts everyday and after a couple hours of walking the grounds, I noticed the vision in my left eye was a little blurry around the edge of my contact (in my peripheral vision). I ignored it since we were almost ready to go and I didn't have eye drops or solution with me. By the time we left, my vision in that eye was completely blurry. It was like there was a giant air bubble over my pupil. So we left and ran to the nearest store to buy solution so that I could clean off my contact and pop it back in.

The same thing kept happening over the following week. I would notice little air bubbles under my contacts in both eyes and would have to take them out to clean them off. Every time I took them out, I saw that my contacts were smudged with something black where the bubbles had formed. I've been wearing contacts for 5 years and this is not something that would normally happen. I usually don't have issues with them at all.

By the end of the week my eyes were irritated and itchy and I knew it had to be a product I was using. I finally made the connection that the mascara could be the culprit of my current problems. I stopped using it hoping to resolve these irritating issues and sure enough no more bubbles, messy contacts, or irritation. Even though the mascara is described as contact lens safe, I don't think it is and I won't be buying it or wearing it again. I'm bummed because it wasn't a bad mascara (and the tube it cute!), but I'd rather my eyes be safe as well as comfortable!


09 10 Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Subscribe