We've moved! Peek & Ponder has moved homes and is not updating this site. You will be redirected to http://peekandponder.com.

July 30, 2014

Ipsy Bag July 2014


We're at the end of July (that was quick!) and I haven't shared my Ipsy bag yet. I always love seeing what everyone gets in their bags.  I have mixed emotions about mine this month. Keep reading to see why.



What came in my bag....




Bare Minerals | 5-1 BB Advanced Performance Cream Eyeshadow



This cream eyeshadow has 5 benefits: it's designed for long-wear, it has a built-in primer, it brightens, it smoothes fine lines, and it protects skin with SPF 15. There are a total of 10 neutral shades in the line. I haven't had the chance to try this yet, but I'm a little interested since I don't have much experience with cream shadows. I'd love to see more Bare Minerals in my bags too.


bareescentuals.com



Lord & Berry | Kajal Stick


A silky kohl liner with a semi-matte finish that can also be smudged. This is a cute little eyeliner. I'm never that crazy about getting eyeliners in my subscription bags/boxes. If I do get them, it's nice to get a full size. I do wind up using them if they're good quality. I wish this one was bigger.

lordandberry.com



Models Own | Nail Polish - Red Sea



This polish comes from the SPLASH collection for Summer. Polishes in the collection are inspired by the sea and distant shores. There are 5 glimmering jewel shades in the collection. Yay for nail polish! I'm always happy to get a polish in my bag and this one is really pretty. I've heard of Models Own but don't have anything from the brand. I'm interested in trying more from them.


modelsownit.com



Hang Ten | Dark Tanning Oil



A natural tanning oil containing vitamins, antioxidants, and exotic plant extracts. This sample is totally wasted on me. I'm just naturally very tan, so I don't hit up the tanning beds or use tanning products ever. I simply have no use for them. It was disappointing to see, but that's just the nature of these subscription services. You really never know what you're going to get.


hangtensunscreen.com



Clear Clinic Laboratories | Vanished Clear Spot Treatment



This clear spot treatment can be used during the day, under or over makeup. It contains salicylic acid, menthol, and glycolic acid. Now, this is always something I'm willing to try (although I just found my holy grail spot treatment). I like that this one is clear and can be used throughout the day or night.


clearcliniclabs.com



Overall, this bag was so-so for me. I definitely love the nail polish. Besides the tanning oil, the other stuff is pretty decent, but I'm not blown away.

I was able to cash in some points for a bonus product, so I got the Revlon Color Burst Duo. They're so pretty!




Interested in joining Ipsy?
Get your own Ipsy bag for $10/month
Join here!


Like my Ipsy reviews? I just joined Birchbox again and from now on I'll be doing a battle of Ipsy and Birchbox. I'll be kicking it off next month when my first Birchbox comes. Hopefully it will be better than before! Stay tuned.



*This subscription is paid by me. All opinions of the brands and products mentioned are completely my own. A referral link was used.
09 10 Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Subscribe