We've moved! Peek & Ponder has moved homes and is not updating this site. You will be redirected to http://peekandponder.com.

August 4, 2014

Kiss Nail Strips - Hit or Miss?

kiss nail strips - hit or miss?


Nail strips can be pretty awesome. They can include detailed designs and cool patterns that would be hard to achieve otherwise. Some strips are very easy to use, while others require a little more work. There are many qualities to consider when choosing nail strips. I like to use ones that fit my nails well, look great, apply easily, and last more than a few days. I just tried some nail strips from Kiss. Keep reading to find out if I thought they were a hit or a miss.

About the product

Kiss Nail Dress Mix it Up KDM03
  • Comes with: 40 strips (20 full strips, 20 french strips) and file
  • Lasts up to a week
  • Peel-off removal
  • Price: around $6

Kiss Nail Dress Nail Strips

My Experience


I picked these out because I loved the design on them. I used the full strips. Finding the right size for each nail was a challenge. I've used real polish strips in the past that were easier to resize and customize.
A few of these ones hung over the nail and onto the skin. There wasn't a way to take the excess off since these strips were thick like stickers. The thumb strips really didn't fit the shape of my nail at all.


Kiss nail strips


Also, the strips didn't mold to my nails very well; the edges bubbled up and were easy to snag on things. After my shower the next morning, they were already starting to peel back. I got annoyed by the strips peeling and flapping around, so I removed a few of them. By the end of the day, I only had 3 left. Shortly after, they were all off. It actually felt good to take them off. They were very easy to remove too. They came off in one piece and very quickly, like ripping off a band-aid (minus the pain).

I haven't tried the french tip strips. I think they'll be worse because they don't cover the whole nail, which means even more opportunities for snagging and flapping around! The only way it might work is if I used a top coat to seal it off, but that's not something you should have to do with these strips.


Kiss nail strips pros and cons


Hit or Miss?

Miss! There are a few good things about these strips, but the cons outweigh the pros. I'd rather work a little harder for application and removal, yet have strips that last longer and fit better (and ultimately don't bug me!). I don't think I'll be buying these again.




*This product was purchased by me. All opinions are my own. 
09 10 Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Subscribe