We've moved! Peek & Ponder has moved homes and is not updating this site. You will be redirected to http://peekandponder.com.

October 22, 2013

Halloween Nails: Spiderwebs

This week I'm going with a Halloween theme on my blog. The other day I showed my boyfriend with an unzipped face! That was really fun to do on him. Today I'm giving you 2 spiderweb nail designs.




















The first design is an orange nail with black webs coming from the cuticle area. This one just looks fun and festive for Halloween.

I used a bright orange nail polish for the base color. It's Traffic Cone by Salon Perfect.




Then I started on the webs. Spiderwebs are super simple to do. I used  nail stripers and I got them both at Walmart. You can also use a nail brush if you have one, but I find using brushes a little more difficult.



With the black striper, I started at the corners of my nails and made diagonal stripes across them, like shown above. I alternated where I started the web - some start from the left, some start from the right.
Then I just connected the lines with little curved lines, as a web would normally look.



For the thumb, I made a full web. I started by drawing a plus sign. Then I made an X so it looked like an asterisk or a star.Then I made the curved lines to connect them all, like before.

This is the full mani......





The next spiderweb mani is a black and white design that starts at the tips of my nails. I used the same process, but just wanted to show the design coming from a different direction and with different colors.

For the base color, I used Orly's Liquid Vinyl.










 I happen to think this one looks a little more wicked and spooky.


So which one do you like more? Orange and black or black and white?
09 10 Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Subscribe