We've moved! Peek & Ponder has moved homes and is not updating this site. You will be redirected to http://peekandponder.com.

October 25, 2013

Halloween Makeup: Wicked Queen

Halloween is coming! Do you have your costume? What about your makeup? I created an eye look that can be used for various costumes. It was inspired by a kit I found at the Halloween store.









I bought the Fantasy Makers Hauntingly Hip stencil kit for Wicked Queen makeup. I think it was around $8. It comes with a few different stencils, cream makeup, and pencil eyeliner. I figured I would create a colorful eye with my normal shadows and then add the stenciled design when I was done. Well....that didn't work out so well.


Fantasy Makers Hauntingly Hip stencil kit


You're supposed to peel off the plastic and somehow the stencil remains intact, but that didn't happen. I couldn't peel it the right way no matter how hard I tried. I even tried the other stencils from the kit and no such luck. I only ruined them. I'm not sure what I was doing wrong.

I was able to use the cream makeup as a base though.  I used the pencil to freehand draw a similar design to the stencil.  I definitely did not need this kit at all.  I thought it was going to be a lot easier  to use (and hassle-free) than it was. I still ended up with a cool look though.




This is the look I did with my own shadows. I thought the icy blues looked perfect for that wicked queen look. Using the cream makeup underneath made the colors pop like crazy. A regular cream base (apart from the makeup in the kit) could've been used to get the same effect though.





Here's how the look came out with the eyeliner design around my eye. I would've liked to use the stencil for this part, but I think I still did a decent job.




I think this look could be used for multiple costumes aside from a wicked queen. The  design around the eyes can be connected to make a mask for a masquerade. I could see this makeup used for a fairy costume too or some sort of elf.




If you have the same stencil kit, or have used it before, let me know if it worked for you!  
Also, if you're dressing up this year, tell me what you're dressing up as!


Find me:




09 10 Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Subscribe