We've moved! Peek & Ponder has moved homes and is not updating this site. You will be redirected to http://peekandponder.com.

October 1, 2012

Target Haul and Big Savings

Yesterday I took a little trip (15 seconds down the road) to Target. I had some great coupons to use up so it was the perfect time to do a little browsing in the beauty aisles. I wound up getting 6 products and the total was under $20 after coupons, instead of over $30!
Here are the products and the breakdown of how I scored some great deals.


What I bought: 
Revlon PhotoReady Foundation
L'oreal Voluminous Original Mascara
NYC High Definition Liquid Eyeliner
Herbal Essences Tousling Hairspray
Herbal Essences Tousling Mousse
Dove Daily Moisture Conditioner



Total before coupons: $34.10
Total after coupons: $18.85
Savings: $15.25



Revlon PhotoReady Foundation

Original price: $10.49
Coupon: $5/1
My price: $5.49

I'm running low on my foundation - Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow by Benefit. Since I had an amazing coupon to save $5 off a Revlon foundation, this was my opportunity to try a new product. I have tried the Revlon ColorStay and I actually didn't like it so that's why I chose this one. I really couldn't pass up this deal.



L'oreal Voluminous Original Mascara

Original price: $5.84
Coupon: $1/1
My price: $4.84

I'm getting low on mascara too, so this was purchase was a necessity. I have tried it already and I loved it. This was an easy pick. I had a coupon for $1 off of one L'oreal Paris eye product, making this mascara less than $5.


NYC High Definition Liquid Eyeliner

Original price: $3.89
Coupon: None
My price: $3.89

I wasn't able to use a coupon for this product and this is the only product I didn't save on. I have never tried it, but was drawn to it because it had a felt tip and was fairly inexpensive.



Herbal Essences Tousling Hairspray & Tousling Mousse

Original price: $3.22 each
Coupon: $3/2
My price: $1.72 each ($3.44 total)

I didn't need these products, but my coupon for $3 off 2 Herbal Essences products was expiring. I couldn't pass that up! I do use both hairspray and mousse, so I quickly chose these (especially because the bf was getting cranky for being at the store for so long at this point). The $3 off coupon was a great deal considering both products were only a little over $3 to begin with.




Dove Daily Moisture Conditioner

Original price: $4.99
Coupon: Free product (up to $6.25)
My price: $0 

Remember when I had issues with Dove dry shampoo? Well Dove sent me 2 coupons for free product (read about it in my Battle of the Dry Shampoos post) and I used one of them for this conditioner. The great part is that I was able to get the full value of the coupon taken from the total bill instead of just $4.99. So $6.25 was saved from using this coupon.
And did I mention I ran out of conditioner too?


So, using coupons really brought down the total and maximized my savings. It truly is worth it take the time to clip/print those coupons even if you're not into spending a lot of time figuring out the best deals. My savings would've been even better had these products been on sale, but I'm still incredibly happy with the outcome of this shopping haul. You can be sure to see some reviews of these products, too!

Do you use coupons on beauty products? Tell me your best savings!

09 10 Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Subscribe