We've moved! Peek & Ponder has moved homes and is not updating this site. You will be redirected to http://peekandponder.com.

October 29, 2012

Halloween Look: Zombie

Last year, Mark let me paint his face for Halloween (here's what I did). It took forever, but he was a really good sport. I had him sitting in one of our bathrooms and I could tell he was beyond bored. This year, he agreed to let me do it again. This time, I set him up in our office so he could watch a movie and that helped the time go by a lot faster (Of course he watched Iron Man).

 I chose to do a zombie look on him, complete with blood and wounds. It looked pretty cool when I finished. Mark was impressed.



I bought a full kit with grease makeup, cream makeup, blood, scar putty, etc. from Walmart (this is a similar kit) Then I also picked up a little bottle of liquid latex from the Halloween store for a few dollars.

I started with the liquid latex and let me tell you, it does not smell pretty! Mark could hardly stand the smell as I was applying it. He had a sour face the whole time - it was pretty funny! I was using the liquid latex to create wounds in a few areas. In the end, it didn't make much of a difference in the way the whole look turned out. If I use it again in the future, I'll have to play with it a little more.

Then I applied the grease makeup all over his face. I used brown, white, gray, yellow, green, and black to make his skin look trashed and worn out. I even drew in some exposed teeth (not sure that it looks entirely believable though).

After all the color was applied and blended, I added some blood and that completed this zombie look.




How do you think it turned out? 


09 10 Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Subscribe