We've moved! Peek & Ponder has moved homes and is not updating this site. You will be redirected to http://peekandponder.com.

June 7, 2013

My Favorite Nail Polishes (Spring/Summer)

Purchased by Me

I happen to love Spring and Summer nail polish colors. I like my nails to be bright and bold most of the time during these seasons, but sometimes I opt for more subtle colors too. Here are 8 polishes I'm loving right now and that I'll be wearing throughout Summer as well.













Calvin Klein Splendid Color
Electric Blue

The name of this color is spot on. It's definitely an electric blue. It also has the slightest hint of purple in the bottle - it doesn't translate to the nails though. I actually got this nail polish at Tuesday Morning. It was marked down from $10 to $4.99.
I like to wear this color when I'm going out. I think of it as an exotic blue with a sheen.






Avon Nailwear Pro+
Honeydew Dazzle

This mint color actually has some bright green glitter in it, which is not something I've seen before. The glitter isn't very noticeable once the polish is on your nails, but it's still a really fun color to wear. Avon nail polishes are really affordable too. They tend to be a little on the thin side though, so multiple coats are necessary.






Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure
Commander in Chic

I picked this taupe color because it's a nice neutral shade. Sometimes I feel like toning down my nail color and this is perfect for those occasions. I also like to wear similar colors that are lighter and lean more on the nude side.  I love the formula of this polish; it's really creamy. I always get the Complete Salon Manicure polishes with a coupon or when they're on sale.






Zoya
Tanzy

This polish is bright and sunny! It's a shimmery orange with gold spread throughout. This is one of my favorite polishes of all time! I can't help but smile when it's on my nails. I love taking advantage of the promotions Zoya has going on occasionally and that's how I got this one. I was able to get this polish and 2 others for free; I only paid shipping!






Essie
Mod Square

Mod Square is my perfect pink shade. I want to run out and buy a bunch so that I always have it. It's not too bright, too light, or too dark. It's right in the middle and looks great against my skin tone. It's a creamy pink with a glossy finish. What's not to love?!







OPI 
Koala Bear-y

This is another great pink, but very different from Mod Square. It's darker, but also bright at the same time, if that makes any sense. It's a berry shade, as the name implies. This is one of those amazing polishes that only requires one coat. This shade is great for fingers and toes. In some lighting, it can look a little more on the red side.




Julie G
Fierce & Fab

I love this bright neon purple. It dries matte, but if you want it to look glossy you can always add a shiny topcoat. I like wearing it either way. When it dries, it doesn't look quite as bright as it does in the bottle, but it's still an awesome color! I love how inexpensive the Julie G polishes are too.








Essie 
Haute as Hello

This shade is just a beautiful coral color. It's very close to an orange cream shade, but more peachy. It literally glows when it's on your nails, especially against a tan. I'll be wearing this color a lot this summer. It's another one that just makes me smile. Isn't it awesome when your nail color has that effect on you?!







So those are some of my favorite polishes for Spring and Summer. I have a lot more, but I wanted to show a good range of color across multiple brands. I'd love to know what your favorites are too. Tell me in the comments!



09 10 Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Subscribe