I usually don't share crafty stuff on here; I have a second blog for that (find it here!). However, since the project was about making my own lip balm, why wouldn't I share it here? Crafts + beauty = awesome!
I posted a short video on my YouTube channel showing the process of making the balm.
|Contents of my Whimseybox|
- Castor oil (3 tbsp)
- Beeswax (1 tbsp & 1 tsp)
- Peppermint essential oil
- A mixing tool (any sort of spoon or stick-like object)
- Glass bowl or cup
- Tins to put the balm in
**These amounts make 3 small tins worth.
How to Make the Lip Balm
- Mix the castor oil and beeswax together in your glass bowl or cup.
- Fill dropper with peppermint oil. Add 10 drops to mixture.
- Heat the mixture. The Whimseybox instructions said to heat the mixture over a bowl of hot water, which I showed in the video but it didn't work for me. It said not to heat it directly for safety reasons. The wax wasn't melting that way, so I sat it in the sun for a bit and it worked perfectly.
- Fill tins with the mixture and let it cool.
- Enjoy your lip balm!
|The end result!|