We've moved! Peek & Ponder has moved homes and is not updating this site. You will be redirected to http://peekandponder.com.

November 22, 2012

Stained Glass Nails



I've been trying a variety of different nail designs lately and Mark gave me the idea to do stained glass nails. I guess men do have some good ideas - haha! I actually thought it was a great idea and fairly simple to achieve. It turned out to be easier than I thought too - even on the left hand.  I used 5 colors for this mani and only 3 easy steps. Read on to learn how I did these pretty stained glass nails!



Colors I used for this mani




I started with a pale peach for the base. This shade is A Crewed Interest from Essie.






Then I took 3 different colors and made random sized blobs and overlapped them a little. It kind of reminds me of watercolor.



The last step was to outline the blobs and make a true stained glass design. I used white to separate each color. You can also use black, but I liked the way white looked with the other colors. 

 I love this mani! I like how the "stained glass" part doesn't cover my entire nail and I also like these colors together. It's feminine stained glass!

Tip: Use polishes with different finishes (shimmery, matte, sheer, opaque, etc). The end result will mimic actual stained glass pieces even better. 

09 10 Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Subscribe