We've moved! Peek & Ponder has moved homes and is not updating this site. You will be redirected to http://peekandponder.com.

November 6, 2012

Empties: Products I've Used Up



All kinds of beauty products have been accumulating in various rooms of my apartment. It got to the point where I realized I needed to take action by using my existing products before buying others. I recently finished these 5 products:

L'Oreal Power Volume 24h Mascara
Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Foundation
Clean & Clear Morning Burst Facial Cleanser
Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion (trial size)
Bath & Body Works Secret Wonderland Lotion

This mascara was decent. It has a wide bristle brush and claims to deliver dramatic volume that lasts. I noticed my lashes had ample volume when I wore it. The setback of this mascara was that it dried very quickly. It didn't seem to last as long as other mascaras I've used. It became rubbery and hard to work with.
Repurchase? Probably not.

This liquid foundation is supposed to be oil-free, brightening, and provide a natural, healthy-looking finish to your skin. I liked this foundation. I didn't think it was a holy grail product though. I liked the amount of coverage and the finish. The bottle lasted a long time too. Since the price is a little steep ($36), I would consider other foundations before this one.
Repurchase? Maybe

I love this cleanser! It's very mild and also removes my makeup pretty well. It doesn't dry out my skin nor does it leave a film after it's rinsed away. It's just a great basic cleanser. I like using in the morning or at night. I always use it with my Clarisonic Mia.
Repurchase? Definitely

This moisturizer is a cult favorite. It's a part of the 3-Step Skin Care System, but can be used on it's own. It's lightweight and absorbs quickly. The lotion is for dry to combination skin and the gel version is for combination/oily skin. The full-size product is $25, which is pricey, but this product is worth the money. It lasts a long time and requires a very small amount to cover the face. I've used both the lotion and the gel and they both work for me because I have combination skin.
Repurchase? Yes

I go to Bath & Body Works for many of my bath products. There are a number of scents I find appealing. The Secret Wonderland scent has been a favorite for at least a year. It's a "thrilling blend of luscious strawberry, frosted jasmine petals, and white amber". I love this lotion for any time of the year. 
Repurchase? As long as it's offered!

How did you like this collection of mini reviews of the products I've recently used?
Would you like to see more of these? Let me know in the comments!

09 10 Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Subscribe