We've moved! Peek & Ponder has moved homes and is not updating this site. You will be redirected to http://peekandponder.com.

November 9, 2012

Lace Nails - 2 Ways



Today I'm sharing two manicures I created that were inspired by lace.  One is a mint nail with a white design and the other uses a nude color with a black design. I drew out the designs step-by-step so that you can easily learn how to recreate them.





Mint nails with white lace design


For the nail color, I used Sally Hansen Hards as Nails Xtreme Wear in Mint Sorbet. I applied 2 coats. 

I took white polish to create connected dots across the nail.
 I used a striper to make X's under the dots.
 I added single dots above the existing design and toward the middle of the nail.







This design sort of reminds me of a wedding cake!


The Design




Nude nails with black lace design



I started by painting my nails with a nude color (I painted my nails with 2 coats of Tickle My France-y by OPI).

I made a solid black line across my nails using a striper.
 I used the striper for the rest of the design as well, but this design is a little bit harder to explain. To easily see how it was done, take a look at the pics and the step-by-step diagram below.









The Design


It looks like a complicated design, but when broken down into steps it's not so hard. 

I like how both of the designs turned out. Try them on yourself or use them as inspiration. 



How do you like these designs? Are the step-by-step drawings helpful?
Will you try them?
09 10 Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Subscribe