We've moved! Peek & Ponder has moved homes and is not updating this site. You will be redirected to http://peekandponder.com.

August 29, 2012

Wet n Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Trio

Yesterday I was at RiteAid looking through the Wet n Wild display, when I discovered the Color Icon Eyeshadow Trios. There were multiple trios to choose from with a variety of color combos. Each one comes with an eyelid color, crease color, and browbone (highlight) color. They were inexpensive ($2.99) so I decided to buy one to test out. I picked the trio "Silent Treatment".




Front and back of packaging. 



Here are the shades up close. The eyelid shade is a shimmery taupe color, the crease color is a black with gold glitter, and the highlight is a sheer pink champagne shade.


Swatches of each shadow.
When I swatched these I was pleasantly surprised. They were very velvety and had strong color payoff.

I used the trio for my eye look today and didn't add any other shadows.

This is how it came out before adding eyeliner and mascara. The trio made an amazing smokey eye!
I'll admit, I wasn't expecting it to turn out so well. 


Here's the completed look

I really think this trio is awesome. It's small enough to fit in a purse, clutch, or makeup bag and the quality is excellent, especially considering the low price. I really want to go back and get a few more of these trios. 

Have you tried a Wet n Wild trio? Which one?



Disclaimer: This is not a paid or sponsored review. All opinions are my own honest opinions.


09 10 Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Subscribe