We've moved! Peek & Ponder has moved homes and is not updating this site. You will be redirected to http://peekandponder.com.

August 6, 2012

My Current Mascara

Mascara is a product that I like to explore across multiple brands. When I pick a random one to try it's usually a drugstore brand (I do my research before splurging on high end brands). L'Oreal has been one of my top choices for drugstore mascara and this is one I hadn't tried before.
It's the L'Oreal Voluminous Power Volume 24H Mascara
in Blackest Black

When I first brought this home, I eagerly opened the package and started to apply it to my lashes, only to find it was the waterproof formula! Don't you hate when that happens?! Sometimes the 'Waterproof' label is so inconspicuous that you don't notice it. I went back to get the normal formula and have been using it for a couple weeks now. Read on to find out if I liked it....






The Tube - the words 'blah' and 'boring' come to mind. I'm a fan of pretty packaging and am always more drawn to the brands that use bright color and cute shapes. If I like the way it looks, I'm more likely to buy it. 

I chose this mascara based on it's claims: "new formula with collagen spheres", "15x more impact", "24 hours of volume"......sold!



The 'mega' brush - I like the shape of the brush and the bristles. It's a really big brush, but it works well and separates my lashes while adding volume. It's a little more difficult to use on my lower lashes though.






The formula - I give it an A+ based on formula. It's not dry, so it doesn't take long to build up, but it's also not super wet. My lashes don't feel crunchy or clumpy. It's suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers (which is me!). I feel that it does everything it claims to do and makes my lashes really stand out. My lashes are intensified without that spidery look. 

Overall...
I love the effect it gives my eyelashes so I will continue to purchase. I may not be a big fan of the packaging, but that won't stop me from using a nicely-formulated mascara. The price (around $7.95) is very affordable.

What's you're favorite mascara?

09 10 Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Subscribe