We've moved! Peek & Ponder has moved homes and is not updating this site. You will be redirected to http://peekandponder.com.

August 18, 2012

Smokey Purple Frosty Eye



I was playing around with makeup (surprise, surprise) and I started to create this smokey yet frosty look. I took pictures along the way so you could see how it was done. I've listed the products I used down below as well. This is how it turned out...




Products Used

PRIMER
UD Primer Potion (Eden)

SHADOWS

From UD♥NYC palette
Midnight Cowboy Rides Again
Psychedelic Sister
Rockstar
Perversion
Uzi

From Naked Palette
Virgin

EYELINER
Eyeko Skinny liquid liner (black)
Urban Decay 24/7 liner (Zero)

MASCARA
L'oreal Power Volume 24H


My first step was priming my eye with primer potion so the shadows would last without creasing.

Then I used a bright purple shade (Psychedelic Sister) for the center of my eyelid. For my inner corner, I applied Midnight Cowboy Rides Again, which is a sparkly champagne pink color.
For the outer corner, I added a deep purple color, Rockstar, and blended it up into my crease. I brought it down to my lower lash line as well. 

Next, I blended Perversion, an intense matte black, into my crease. In order to create a more silvery shade, I added Uzi (a super sparkly white shadow) and blended it towards my eyebrow. Yes, the glitter gets everywhere!

I also added more Midnight Cowboy Rides Again to my inner corner area to capitalize on all of the frost and glitter going on already. (Why not?!)

After everything was blended, I added a thick black line of liquid liner to my upper lash line.

I lined my lower lash line with UD 24/7 liner in Zero and then swiped on a coat of my favorite mascara (L'oreal Power Volume 24H). Finally, I added some dramatic lashes to complete the look.

For the highlight I applied Virgin (a natural light pink  shade) right under my brow.







This isn't a typical look that I wear day-to-day. It's a little dramatic for me but how often do you get to layer on the glitter and black eye shadow? Not often enough! It was even more glittery and frosty in person. I love to have fun with eye shadow!

How did you like the step-by-step pictures and descriptions of this post? 
Do you like how the look turned out?
09 10 Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Subscribe