We've moved! Peek & Ponder has moved homes and is not updating this site. You will be redirected to http://peekandponder.com.

April 2, 2014

What is a CC Cream + Studio Gear CC Cream Review


What is a CC Cream?


By now, most of us know about BB creams. They have shown up everywhere from the drugstore to the department store. I wrote a post about BB creams vs. tinted moisturizers vs. foundations - you can find it here. BB creams are pretty common, but have you heard of CC creams? I've been using one from Studio Gear.



What is a CC cream and how does it compare to a BB cream?

The "CC" in CC cream stands for color (or complexion) correcting. A CC cream can be very similar to a BB cream - they both contain SPF and moisturizing properties. However, a BB cream is much like a tinted moisturizer with added benefits and can replace the need for foundation. A CC cream focuses more on skin care issues. It can help with redness, sallowness (yellowish skin), and aging. CC creams tend to be more lightweight than BB creams. They can act as a good primer before adding foundation or can be worn alone.




About the Studio Gear Hydrating CC Cream

  • Comes in 3 shades: Linen (lightest), Natural, and Wheat (darkest)
  • Contains SPF 20 for sun protection
  • Covers and treats blemishes
  • Has anti-aging properties to help minimize fine lines and wrinkles
  • Color adapts to your skin tone for natural coverage thanks to micro-encapsulated pigments
  • Non-oily finish
  • Hydrates for up to 72 hours

My Observations

This is my first CC cream! I chose to go with the 'Natural' shade (the middle one). What I noticed is that the product comes out of the tube looking white. Then, as you're blending it into your skin, it changes color. The color matched my skin tone really well.

Studio Gear CC Cream in action


This CC cream leaves behind a very soft, hydrated, bright, and glowing finish. It's definitely not oily in any way. The coverage is a little on the light side for me, so I just use it under my foundation. They pair well together.

My skin is left feeling soft and looking radiant throughout the day. The formula doesn't irritate my skin and I do notice a reduction in redness.

I would absolutely recommend this product if you're looking to try a good CC cream. I have no complaints about it and I will be continuing to use it.


Price: $34
Availability:  studiogearcosmetics.com

Get 10% shopping cart with code: bloggercc


*This product was provide for honest review. All opinions are my own. Powered by Brandbacker.

09 10 Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Subscribe