We've moved! Peek & Ponder has moved homes and is not updating this site. You will be redirected to http://peekandponder.com.

April 23, 2014

Ipsy Glam Bag - April 2014

Ipsy Glam Bag April 2014


I love getting packages in the mail. Even when I know exactly what it is, I get all excited (except if it's something like a vacuum part - there's nothing exciting about that). That's why it's so much fun to get subscription boxes. You don't know what you're getting, unless you deliberately peek and spoil the surprise - I admit I do that sometimes!



This month, my Ipsy bag contained 5 products. One of them already came to me in a previous bag.  I'll get into that in a few minutes though.

For now, let's see what I got!

The bag for this month. It smells...plastic-y



Ipsy Glam Bag April 2014


Dr. Brandt | Microdermabrasion
This skin exfoliant is a gentle scrub that softens skin and removes dead skin cells. It helps fine lines, acne marks, and skin discoloration.  It works with all skin types.

Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion

I tested this product on my hand. It didn't feel too abrasive and had a nice citrus/mint scent. It doesn't seem much different from the other scrubs I've tried. The sample size is pretty decent though, so I'll be able to use it a few times. The full size is quite pricey. I'm not sure if I'm willing to pay $78 when I already have a microdermabrasion tool to use at home.

Website: drbrandtskincare.com


Elizabeth Mott | pop! goes the shadow
The shadow I got is called Champagne and that's a perfect name for it. It's a light glistening shade with a satin finish.


Elizabeth Mott champagne eyeshadow

As I said in my Beauty Box 5 post, eyeshadows are one of the best products to get in a subscription box (in my opinion anyway). This one is full-size and normally retails for $12.99. This eyeshadow looks great on my lids. It's also really easy to apply and blend. I love it!

Website: elizabethmott.com



Urban Decay | 24/7 Velvet Glide-on Eye Pencil
By now, we all know about the 24/7 pencils and how amazing they are. This one is called Black Velvet and it's new. I got the travel size.

Urban Decay black velvet 24/7 pencil

Anytime I see Urban Decay in a subscription box, I light up with joy. UD is one of my favorite beauty brands. I like this pencil - it's smooth, has rich color, and actually does glide on. It also has incredible staying power. These pencils will always get my stamp of approval!

Website: urbandecay.com



Coastal Scents | Medium Shadow Brush
This soft eyeshadow brush is ideal for lid work. It also works great for blending in the crease.


Coastal Scents medium shadow brush

I seriously love this brush. I had one from a previous Ipsy bag and I reach for it a lot. I had no idea the quality would be so good until I tried it. Coastal Scents brushes are very inexpensive, so I wouldn't mind trying more from them.

Website: coastalscents.com



Starlooks | Luscious Longwear Lip Pencil
This matte lip liner is supposed to last 8 hours and can be worn alone or under lipstick. It's in the shade Naked and has a coral hue. It's described as a perfect nude for all skin tones.



Starlooks naked lip pencil

This is another full-sized product (priced at $14)! I usually don't bother with lip pencils too much but I really love the color of this one. I like to wear it alone. It looks great against my skin tone. It's not too sheer or bold, it's just pretty.

Website: starlooks.com

_________________________________________


So, about the Coastal Scents brush: Ipsy contacted me, let me know about the mess-up, and gave me 2 options: receive ipsyPoints or an extra product in my next bag. I already have a lot of ipsyPoints that I'm not using; therefore, I went for the extra product! I like that they notified me right away, and that they gave me a couple options. Kudos to you, Ipsy!

I really liked this bag. My favorite products were the UD eyeliner and the eyeshadow from Elizabeth Mott. That lip liner is pretty nice too. I don't think I'm ever going to want to unsubscribe from Ipsy!


The Ipsy Glam Bag is only $10/month. Want your own?
Join here!




*This subscription is paid for by me. All opinions are my own.
09 10 Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Subscribe