We've moved! Peek & Ponder has moved homes and is not updating this site. You will be redirected to http://peekandponder.com.

February 3, 2014

5 Valentine's Day Nail Designs


5 Valentine's Day Nail Designs


Valentine's nail art is some of my favorite to do. I adore decorating my nails with hearts and romantic designs. Since it's the time of year where hearts and candy are everywhere, I decided to share five cute Valentine's nail designs.



1. Simple and Girly


Girly Valentine's Nails




Girly Valentine's Nails

This first one is super cute and feminine with light lilac, bright white, and sparkly purple polishes.

Polishes used for this mani:

  • L'Oreal Lacey Lilac
  • Zoya Purity
  • Zoya Pixie Dust Carter
  • Salon Perfect White Out (striper)
I covered my thumb, index finger and pinky nails with lilac polish. I applied white to my middle finger and a sparkly textured purple to my ring finger. I used my white striper to make horizontal lines on my thumb. To create the heart, I used a stencil I had from Avon and the lilac polish to fill in the heart area.


2. Love nails


Love nails



Love nails



This one has a simple, yet sparkly, design.  It was made with red and pink sparkly polishes and a white striper.

Polishes used for this mani:
  • Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Red Carpet
  • Butter London Rosie Lee
  • Salon Perfect White Out
For this mani, I coated my nails with sparkly red. Then, I added a layer of glittery pink. After those dried, I added letters to spell 'Love' on my fingernails with a white striper. I used the white striper to create a mini heart on my thumbnail too.


3. Classic Red & White


Red and white Valentine's nails



Red and white Valentine's nails


This mani uses red and white polishes only.

Polishes used for this mani:
  • Butter London Pillar Box Red
  • Zoya Purity
I started with applying classic red to my index, middle finger,  pinky, and thumb nails. I used white for my ring finger. Then I took two dotting tools and added white dots on top of the red. For the white nail, I used another stencil to create red lips and then just added red dots with a dotting tool.


4. Love Letter Nails


Love Letter Nails



This mani was created with nail tattoos. You can read how I did it and see more pictures in this post!


5. Pretty Little Hearts


Heart nails


This heart manicure is always a favorite of mine with cute pink mini hearts laid over gold polish. You can see more about it in this post.


After seeing all 5 designs, which one is your favorite?
09 10 Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Subscribe