We've moved! Peek & Ponder has moved homes and is not updating this site. You will be redirected to http://peekandponder.com.

February 24, 2014

New! BA STAR eye shadow palettes


BA STAR palette


BA STAR has two new eye shadow palettes! If you're not familiar with BA STAR, it's a beauty brand offering makeup that's ideal for performance and competition. It's perfect for groups like cheer teams and dance teams. I was able to try one of the new palettes.


The two color combos for these palettes are Midnight Smoky and Natural. Each palette includes 5 high pigment eye shadows and an eye shadow base (comes separate).  There's also a dual-ended application tool with a brush on one side and an applicator on the other side.

The palette I have is Natural. It has frosty cream, rich copper, golden brown, luminous purple, and golden yellow shades.


BA Star eyeshadow palette


The palette is slim and has a clear cover so you can see the pretty colors it contains. It snaps closed, which means there isn't a chance that the shadows will get all over your beautiful belongings when traveling (very important!).

BA Star eyeshadow palette


Here are the swatches of each shade:

BA Star swatches

The shadows definitely have high pigmentation. My favorite shade, of course, is the purple!

I used three of the colors for an eye look. I started with the eye shadow base that was provided with the palette. Then I used the cream and brown on my lid, followed by a pop of purple in the crease.

Here's how it turned out:


frosty eye look



lumious eye makeup


luminous eye look



I love how the shadows bring out my brown eyes.  The look is bright without being dramatic, so it's a great daytime look. It's nice to have some color in there too. I can't wait to try another look using the yellow and copper shades!

This palette retails for $8.75
Check out bastar.com for more awesome products!




Disclaimer: Powered by Brandbacker. This product was sent to me for the purpose of review. All opinions of the brand and product mentioned are my own.
09 10 Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Subscribe