We've moved! Peek & Ponder has moved homes and is not updating this site. You will be redirected to http://peekandponder.com.

January 13, 2013

Birchbox Haul: Laura Geller, Stila, Amika, Deborah Lippmann

After a year of being subscribed to Birchbox, I've collected a lot of points from giving feedback for each product I tried. I had $80 to spend in the Birchbox shop and I found it quite a challenge figuring out what I wanted. Did I want one expensive product that I wouldn't buy normally? Did I want products I already use on a regular basis?  I wasn't sure. I spent a couple of hours browsing and considering my options. There are tons of products in the shop - it's overwhelming!

I finally decided on four things I had never tried before:
-Laura Geller Sugar Free Blush-n-Brighten
-Stila Kitten Eye Shadow
-Amika Nourishing Mask
-Deborah Lippmann - Let's Go Crazy





Laura Geller Sugar Free Blush-n-Brighten 
Baked Cheek Color - "Boysenberry"





I've heard nothing but great things about Laura Geller blushes. They are pretty pricey, so this was my chance to try one. I read that this blush would complement any skin tone. It's a beautiful blush that I don't even want to touch. I'm sure it will last a long time too.


Stila Eye Shadow
"Kitten"




Can you see where I dropped it? I was so mad at myself. It was out of the box for 5 minutes and as I was setting it up for an Instagram pic, it fell to the floor! It could've been a lot worse though. 
Anyway, can you believe I don't have this eyeshadow yet? It's a cult favorite champagne shade. When I swatched it on my skin it was very frosty. It will make a good highlight color.



Amika Nourishing Mask
For Hair


This mask is meant for intense conditioning and repair. It can be used weekly or daily. The amount I got wasn't much more than a deluxe sample. I wasn't aware it would be so little, but then again, I don't have much experience with the brand. I received an oil treatment in a Birchbox before and I liked it (even though it leaked all over the box - luckily, I loved the scent). I've used this treatment a couple times already in the shower. I've noticed that I need a lot to cover my hair, so it's running out quickly. I'm not certain that I'll want to repurchase or not.


Deborah Lippmann Nail Lacquer
"Let's Go Crazy"


Check out that macro shot! I've been having so much fun with my macro lens lately - can you tell? This is a gorgeous polish and my first Deborah Lippmann! So-very-exciting. The polish turned out to be different than I expected, but it's not a bad thing. It's a dark purple with colored glitter all throughout, however, I wish there was more glitter. Even still, I love it and want to just stare at it all day long!


I was able to use a 25% off discount code on my purchase for being a loyal customer. So, instead of $80, I only spent $60 worth of points  and I was able to keep 200 points ($20) for a future purchase. This whole haul was free for me. No shipping or anything. Success! So, I'll let my points build up again and then go on another mini shopping spree. I'm already excited for it.

Join Birchbox
Want to see my Birchbox reviews? Find them here


Disclaimer: The items discussed in this post were purchased by me. I am not affiliated with the company. A referral link was used.
09 10 Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Subscribe