We've moved! Peek & Ponder has moved homes and is not updating this site. You will be redirected to http://peekandponder.com.

August 26, 2014

Birchbox vs. Ipsy (August)


Welcome to my monthly box battle between Birchbox and Ipsy! Each month I'll be comparing my two boxes to see which one is better. Both subscriptions are just $10/month, but they have a lot of differences. You can find a basic comparison of them here



In My Birchbox - August




Aloxxi | Thickening Serum
This little serum creates thicker, stronger hair while eliminating frizz. It smells fantastic (much like Matrix Biolage products!). It's on the pricey side at $25, but if it works well, I'd be willing to buy it.
aloxxi.com

ModelCo | Shimmer Bronzer
A pressed powder that adds a natural tan with a hint of shimmer. I never use bronzer so I don't know how great this one is compared to others. I wish I would've gotten blush instead! I'll keep it around and try it out though.
modelcocosmetics.com

SeaRx | Birch Sap Moisturizing Lotion
A hydrating lotion that smooths skin and maintains a healthy glow. This is another great-smelling product and it feels silky smooth when I spread it over my skin.
searxbeauty.com

Harvey Prince | Ageless Fragrance
A mix of grapefruit, pomegranate,  jasmine, and mango. I don't care for perfume samples in my subscription boxes, but this one has a great scent. I think it would be more acceptable if Birchbox threw in fragrance samples as extras.
harveyprince.com

Whish | Shave Crave Shaving Cream
Moisturizing non-foaming shaving cream with natural ingredients and an array of scents. I'm excited to try this. I normally don't use any shaving cream because it just irritates my legs and clogs my razor. Maybe this one will be different.
whishbody.com



In My Ipsy Bag - August




Jersey Shore Sun | Mongongo Lip Conditioner
This balm contains Mongongo oil, which hydrates and regenerates. It's 100% natural. As soon as I applied this balm to my lips, I was in love. It has a silky finish and smells/tastes pretty good. I would buy it!
jerseyshoresun.com

J. Cat Beauty | Flying Solo Eye Shadow
This shadow comes from a collection that is super affordable ($2.99 per shadow) and offers a lot of colors.  I haven't tried it yet, but the shade looks perfect for me.
jcatbeauty.com

Urban Decay | Perversion Mascara
An intense black lengthening and volumizing mascara. Wooo, Urban Decay! I love getting UD stuff. I will definitely be trying this mascara.
urbandecay.com

Klorane | Dry Shampoo with Oak Milk
A nourishing dry shampoo that absorbs oil and leaves hair feeling soft. I'm currently looking for a good dry shampoo, so this came at the perfect time! I tried it once so far and I liked it because it didn't make my hair wet, nor did it make my hair look powdery.
dermstore.com

Dr. Brandt | Pores No More Pore Refiner
A velvety primer for long-lasting makeup that minimizes the appearance of pores. I've tried products like this before and I'm usually not a fan of them. For $45, I know I won't be buying it.
drbrandtskincare.com


Battle Rundown

Both boxes had some good items that I'm excited to try out, but they also had items that don't interest me at all. My favorite samples from Birchbox: the thickening serum and the shave cream. Favorites from Ipsy: the dry shampoo, lip conditioner, and mascara.

Who Wins? 

It was a bit of a toss-up because I liked both, but I think Ipsy had a little more appeal for me this month. There were a few more things I liked about it. Birchbox didn't disapoint though.


Birchbox - 0 | Ipsy - 1



Interested in signing up for either? Or both?
Sign up for Birchbox here and sign up for Ipsy here.






*Both subscriptions are paid for by me. All opinions stated at my own. Referral links were used.
09 10 Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Subscribe