We've moved! Peek & Ponder has moved homes and is not updating this site. You will be redirected to http://peekandponder.com.

May 9, 2014

Mom's 8 Favorite Beauty Products


Mother's day is this weekend and I decided it would be a good idea to share some of my mom's favorite beauty products. Mama Peek & Ponder isn't quite as beauty crazed as me. She has her favorites that she sticks to (like glue), so that means they're really great products! Here are 8 beauty products she just can't live without...




1. Moisturizer - Avon Nutura Replenishing Cream
My mom has been using this cream as her daily moisturizer for a long time - decades! That's how much she loves it. She has dry skin and says this cream makes her skin feel rejuvenated and moist.

2. Foundation - Benefit Playstick in Jumprope
I introduced my mom to Benefit right after high school when I was obsessed with the brand! She started using their Playstick foundation and has stayed loyal to it ever since. She says it covers redness and evens skin tone without feeling heavy. It doesn't look cakey or greasy on her.

3. Eyeshadow Primer - Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden
My mom's lids are oily. On top of that, she has redness and visible veins in the eye area. She likes to wear this primer even if she isn't wearing eyeshadow. It creates a matte finish and helps neutralize her eye issues.

4. Blush - NARS Mata Hari
Once my mom discovered this blush, she didn't need any others in her life. She says it has a natural look and lasts all day. Also, it doesn't take a lot of product to give her a nice flush on her cheeks (totally agree - NARS blushes are amazing!).

5. Lip Color - CoverGirl Outlast All-Day Lipcolor in Plum Berry
My mom stocks up on this stuff. It's her signature color. The great thing about it, she says, is that she doesn't have to reapply. It lasts through lunch and dinner with very minimal fading. I've seen it in action...it literally does not budge! It doesn't transfer to anything either. The balm that comes with it keeps her lips hydrated too.

6. Body wash + Lotion - Bath & Body Works Secret Wonderland
Technically, this counts as two products, but they're both in the same scent. We discovered the Secret Wonderland scent together and it was an instant love. My mom says she gets compliments on it all the time (and so do I!). It's not a heavy scent, just really pretty. It's a blend of strawberry, lavender petals, and white amber.

7. Hand cream - Burts Bees Honey & Grapeseed Hand Cream
According to my mom, this hand cream is the best! Her dry hands feels smooth and soft after using it. It has a nice clean and fresh scent that isn't overpowering.  It's a little bit pricey, but so worth it!

8. Hair product - Redken Extreme Anti-Snap Treatment
 If you haven't tried this product, what are you waiting for?! My mom loves this product as much as I do. It makes her hair look shiny and adds moisture to dry ends. She applies it on damp hair but sometimes she applies it as an overnight deep moisture treatment.


So those were 8 of my mom's favorite beauty products. I think she picked some pretty awesome products to showcase. Am I right or what?

I hope all you Moms out there have a wonderful Mother's day weekend! 
09 10 Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Subscribe