We've moved! Peek & Ponder has moved homes and is not updating this site. You will be redirected to http://peekandponder.com.

May 29, 2014

Ipsy Glam Bag - May 2014

Ipsy Bag May 2014

Purchased by me
 
Ready for this month's Ipsy goodness? This month's bag was given a theme of 'Fresh Picks'. I got a variety of products in my bag, including hair care, sun care, and makeup. I also got a bonus product that was redeemed with my ipsyPoints and also an extra that Ipsy threw in after giving me a repeat product in my last bag.



In my bag...


Ipsy Bag May 2014


Eva NYC | Therapy Session Hair Mask
This hair mask contains Argan Oil, which helps to nourish and revitalize, while Keravis Protein helps strengthen your strands. It works will all hair types and can be used as a weekly treatment or daily conditioner.

Eva NYC Therapy Session Hair Mask


Website: eva-nyc.com

My thoughts: I'm really into hair masks right now! I just posted 5 DIY hair masks you can make at home. While I love saving a little money with DIY recipes, I'm totally happy trying products too. I'll be trying this one out for sure. It's a generous sample so I'll be able to use it a couple of times.



Pacifica | Mineral Eyeshadow Duo
This eyeshadow duo in 'Natural Beauty' has a muted purple shade and a golden white hue.

Pacifica eyeshadow duo



Pacifica eyeshadow duo



Website: pacificabeauty.com

My thoughts: I like getting eyeshadows in my bags. I've seen this brand in Target a few times, but I've never thought to take a closer look. The colors of this duo don't excite me all that much though. I'll still try it out, but I don't anticipate reaching for it a lot.



Avene | Thermal Spring Water
This spring water has multiple functions: it soothes, softens, and protects skin. It can be used after cleansing, shaving, exercise, or spending time in the sun. It can also soothe diaper rash and set makeup.

Avebe Thermal Spring Water


Website: drugstore.com

My thoughts: I like that this product is multifunctional. I've already used this after the gym and for setting my makeup. It feels refreshing on my skin. I know I'll use it all up, but I'm not sure if I'll actually purchase the full size at $18.



Calvin Klein | endless euphoria
This fragrance is a light, clean scent. It has notes of cherry blossom, mandarin, violet, bamboo, sandalwood, and others.


Calvin Klein endless euphoria


Website: macys.com

My thoughts:  This is how you do a perfume sample! It's a rollerball and great for travel. It fits in the palm of my hand. I like the scent - it's so fresh. If I'm going to get fragrance samples in any of my subscription boxes, I want them to all come this way. It feels a little more valuable and useful.


Jersey Shore Sun Sans Tan Anti-aging Sunscreen
This sunscreen has SPF 35 and 97% UVB Broad Spectrum Protection. It contains organic ingredients and is cruelty-free.

Jersey Shore Sun sunscreen


Website: jerseyshoresun.com

My thoughts: Sunscreen is something I need to focus on more. It's great to have, but not really what I like to get in a subscription box.


Bonus items

Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in Light it Up

Bare Minerals lipstick


I've been letting my points pile up for awhile. I really wish Ipsy offered more than just 3 bonus products at a time! I saw this lipstick pop up and I decided to use some of my points on it.  It's a nice, creamy coral shade. Love it.

Bare Minerals lipstick swatch


NYX Bronze Smokey Look Kit

NYX Bronze Smokey Look kit

I've seen this NYX kit in the bonus area for awhile, but decided to skip it. Last month, there was an issue with my Ipsy bag having a repeat product, so they offered me a free product. This is what they gave me. I thought I'd be getting an extra sample in my bag or something, not a full-sized product! I probably won't be using it for myself, but maybe I'll keep it around for a future giveaway.


_________________________________________

Overall thoughts

My samples for the month weren't amazing, but I can't say I'm totally dissatisfied. I'll be able to use everything. My favorite product is the hair mask and my least favorite is the sunscreen. The best part of this month's bag was the bonus products! Even though this isn't my favorite Ipsy bag, it's better than most of the Birchboxes I ever received.

Want to sign up? It's only $10/month! Go here to sign up!



*This monthly subscription is paid for by me. All opinions are my own.
09 10 Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Subscribe