We've moved! Peek & Ponder has moved homes and is not updating this site. You will be redirected to http://peekandponder.com.

May 24, 2014

5 Easy DIY Hair Mask Recipes

 

Need some moisture and shine in your hair? I have five recipes for DIY hair masks to share today! I've tried each of these masks and they worked really well to deep condition my hair. The best part is how cheap they are to make. On top of that, they use ingredients you might already have in your kitchen!



My scalp and strands have been really dry lately. I was on a mission to find some DIY treatments to use for deep conditioning. These are the recipes I tried and loved!


1. Olive oil  + Honey


Recipe:
4 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp honey

Length: 20 min.

This one gave me super shiny and sleek hair. The mixture is very sticky and messy and it's hard to spread. It smells really good though and the recipe was enough to cover my long, long hair.


 This is what it looks like!



2. Avocado + Coconut oil + Honey


Recipe:
1 tbsp avocado (mashed)
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp honey

Length: 20 min.

I had to double this recipe for my long hair and I actually could've used a little more than that. My hair came out soft, smooth, and shiny.  This mask started dripping on me just after 10 min. I had to keep a towel around my shoulders and neck to catch the drips. I also had to rinse it out a couple of times because of the chunks.


Guacamole anyone? Somehow, I don't think this will taste the same....


3. Honey + Apple cider vinegar + Egg


Recipe:
2 tbsp honey
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
2 eggs

Length: 20 min.

This mask was much thinner that the others. Luckily, it wasn't chunky, but it did start to drip almost immediately. It was super wet. This one took some extra rinsing (I'm assuming it was because of the egg).


Looks like I'm about to scramble some eggs!

 

4. Banana + Honey + Yogurt



Recipe:
1 banana
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup plain yogurt

Length: 1 hr

This one was enough for all of my hair and then some! If you have shorter hair, you could probably cut this recipe in half. It felt like having oatmeal on my head and it smelled really good.  I only left it on for 30 min because I was already dripping within 15 minutes.  By the 30-minute mark, I was done! This mask was pretty messy as well as sticky. I had to use a fine-tooth comb to get the chunks of banana out. It was all worth it though because in the end, I had nice, shiny hair.


Here's what this mixture looks like.

 

5. Coconut oil


Length: Overnight or as 20 min. mask


This one is so simple and probably the least messy of the bunch. I've done this one a few times. At night, I just apply coconut oil all over my hair, clip it up and go to bed. Then, I wash it out in the morning. It doesn't quite give me the results that the others do, but it still makes my hair look and feel nice.



----------------------------------------------------

I loved using these masks and seeing how great they made my hair look. Best of all, they're cheap to make and if you don't already have the ingredients, they're easy to find. I think I'll be using at least one a week.



Which mask would you try out of these 5?
09 10 Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Subscribe