We've moved! Peek & Ponder has moved homes and is not updating this site. You will be redirected to http://peekandponder.com.

February 13, 2013

LUSH Review


Lush is a store that's hard to pass up. You see it at the mall with tons of cute products out on display and the next thing you know, you're in line with a basket full of bath bombs. It's one of the most enticing stores ever...besides maybe Godiva or Victoria's Secret. If you're unfamiliar with Lush, it's a company that makes fresh handmade products for bath, body, and hair and is very much against animal testing. 

I only recently tried Lush for the first time despite all of the buzz I've seen/heard about it.  This past Christmas, I asked my boyfriend for some Lush goodies. After receiving them, I decided to make an additional purchase at the store so that I could try a good assortment of products and give a solid review.



All the Best gift box

My boyfriend got me the "All the Best" gift box. I asked for this one because let's face it, he would've never known what to buy! I chose this one because I  wasn't taking many baths at the time and this one was one of the few that didn't have any bath-specific products in it. This gift box was a holiday edition box so it's not available anymore but some of the products still are.

It contained the following:
  • 2 soaps (solid)
  • Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter
  • Twilight Shower Gel
  • Dream Cream
  • Ro's Argan Body Conditioner



Solid Soap


This soap, pictured above, is Snow Globe soap. It's a citrus-scented soap that has a light lather and feels soft against my skin.

I couldn't find a name for the white star soap and didn't take a proper picture of it before it was used, but it was an average soap. There's wasn't anything too amazing about it and I wasn't overly fond of the scent. 

I don't use bar soap much, so I'm not sure if I'll be buying any others in the future. They slip and slide and wear down quick - I might just stick to shower gels/body wash.


Lemony Flutter


This was by far the best product of the box! Lemony flutter is considered a cream, but it reminds me more of a silky balm. You can use it on your cuticles or on any areas that are rough. It contains beeswax, avocado oil, lemon, and other ingredients. I love using it on my cuticles - I noticed a major difference! This one had a small amount compared to the normal size but I've barely made a dent since I got it. The full size sets you back $16.95, which seems high, but I think it would last a long time.


Twilight Shower Gel


This product was limited-edition and incredibly popular.  It was inspired by the Twilight Bath Bomb. I noticed it was a sparkly purple gel in the bottle and it had an interesting scent. I could smell lavender along with a warm scent like cinnamon. It was a small bottle, but lasted almost a month. I'm not sure if I would buy it if it was still available. I like more fruity fresh scents.


Dream Cream


Lush describes this as their best-selling product of all time. It's a creamy body lotion with ingredients of oat milk, lavender, chamomile and other things to calm irritation and moisturize dry skin. It's a light lotion that doesn't leave any greasy residue. The full size costs $26.95! A little too high of a price for me. I liked it but not enough to pay almost $30 for it!


Ro's Argan Body Conditioner



Ro's Argan is a unique product. It's a rose-scented shower lotion that you use like you would a hair conditioner, except on your body. You apply it all over and then rinse it off.
I don't love this product. The scent is good and the idea is cool, but it didn't seem to rinse off that well and I don't notice much of a difference in the softness of my skin. The full size is $32.95, so I won't be running out to buy it anytime soon. That is just way too pricey for a product I'm not in love with.

-------------------------------

Now moving onto the things I bought. I made the decision to purchase some bath products afterall because those are what I've heard the most hype about.  I chose a bath melt, bath bomb, and bubble bar. 



Happy Blooming Bath Melt


Happy Blooming is a cherry passion fruit scented bath melt. You add a chunk into the bath and it melts away. Bath melts help moisturize and soften your skin. It was $6.95 for a slice that lasts for 3 uses. I definitely noticed the cherry scent. It's nice that it can be used a few times and wasn't very expensive. I liked it, although I don't feel like I need to buy more of them. 


Blackberry Bath Bomb


I really liked this one! I plopped it into my tub and it started to dissolve right away, turning my water a pretty purple hue. It had a fruity blackberry scent. The bummer is that one bath bomb is good for only one bath, not multiple baths. At $6.35 (for this particular one) it can get pricey if you take a lot of baths. I definitely want to pick out more of them though.


Yuzu and Cocoa Bubbleroon


I was drawn to this one because of the scent - chocolate orange. It's a bubble bar but appropriately called a bubbleroon because it looks like a macaroon. You crumble bubble bars under the running water and they create luxurious bubbles. This particular one is said to make mountains of fluffy white bubbles. When I used it I was anticipating layers upon layers of bubbly goodness but in reality it made hardly any bubbles at all. The amount of bubbles didn't even fill the length of the tub. I was a little disappointed. It was $6.25 but can be halved for two uses. If I buy another bubble bar I'll go with something different.


Overall
There were some hits and misses among the products I tried. I feel that Lush is a little overhyped. I mean, I love how the company operates and that they offer a wide range of products, but a few weren't as great as I thought they would be.  Some of the prices are high, but I realize that I'm paying for extremely fresh handmade products, so I can understand why they're a little more expensive. I really liked a few of the products and I definitely want to go back for more. I might try some hair products next!

What would you recommend I try from Lush? What are your thoughts about the products? Any faves?


\
Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored or compensated post. All opinions are my own. 
09 10 Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Subscribe