We've moved! Peek & Ponder has moved homes and is not updating this site. You will be redirected to http://peekandponder.com.

December 6, 2012

Ulta & Sephora Haul

Even though it's the season of buying gifts for others, I couldn't pass up getting a few things for myself.  It's a small haul but I still wanted to share the things I got from Ulta and Sephora.

Ulta sent me a $10 gift card for my birthday and I had a $3.50 coupon to use, so I drove there as quick as I could! Ok....I didn't, but I definitely made it a priority to stop by.
I only got 2 things. The first was an Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion.



I've been using the 24/7 Glide-On Pencils for years, but usually use Zero as my everyday black liner. I bought Perversion this time because it looks like it's a deeper black than Zero.
These eyeliners live up to their name. They really do glide on and last all day.

The other thing I got from Ulta was the Essie nail polish, Butler Please



I've glanced at this polish countless times at the store without purchasing it - it catches my eye everytime! This time I couldn't resist taking it home with me. I still have yet to paint my nails with it. It's a gorgeous shade of deep blue that leans a little toward purple.

Believe me, I could've loaded up my arms with stuff at Ulta, but I knew I shouldn't drop a ton of money so I kept my spending low. It's such a dangerous store!

------------------------------

Now for Sephora...
I usually take advantage of Black Friday deals at Sephora and this year was no exception. I ordered online though because I don't always like going out on Black Friday.
My main goal was to find something to add to my upcoming giveaway (starting tomorrow!). I decided on this Stila lip glaze trio.



I know people like these glosses a lot and I like them as well, so it was an easy decision to make.

Then, I ordered the small size of my moisturizer, Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. I saved money by getting the smaller size of this and it will last me awhile because I don't need to use a lot at a time.


This was a necessity, so not very exciting, but I really do love this moisturizer (as do many others!).


I needed to spend a few more dollars to get the Black Friday Mystery Bag - my first reaction: "what the heck can I get at Sephora for $3?!" Then I did some browsing and found a Sephora eye pencil sharpener. Mine doesn't work that great so I thought, might as well!




 It turns out this sharpener works 100x better than the other one I have! Totally worth it.

After that, I was able to add the Mystery Bag of samples to my cart. I got one last year too.
Here's what came inside:




Pretty amazing samples right? It was worth it for me because I use samples a lot to discover new products (as you may already know). Never underestimate the power of samples!

November was my birth-month and since I'm a Sephora Beauty Insider I get a little gift every year. Most people who shop Sephora know about the rewards that come with being a Beauty Insider, but I have to mention it for those that may not know!  
This years birthday gift was a Mini Lip Duo from Fresh. 



To say the Beauty Insider birthday gifts are decent is an understatement. They're pretty great! Last year's gift was a little bottle of Philosophy body wash. 


Lastly, I chose 3 free samples to go with my order. 

Check out that Benefit sample! It's the Triple Performing Facial Emulsion lotion, Total Moisture Facial Cream, and It's Potent! Eye Cream. It came as one sample. Awesome!
I also got Ultra Repair Cream from First Aid Beauty and L'Homme Libre by YSL.

So that's my quick haul. Got a few basic things and a couple freebies. I really had to refrain buying other things I wanted since I might be getting them for Christmas. It's still fun to look...especially at the value sets! I sure would love to have some of those.

09 10 Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Subscribe