We've moved! Peek & Ponder has moved homes and is not updating this site. You will be redirected to http://peekandponder.com.

December 26, 2012

Christmas & Beauty Gifts

Christmas is over and things are finally winding down for me. It was a busy month and I had a lot to get done. I'm actually really glad that I can slow down a little and get back to a normal pace. I haven't blogged as much as I would've liked to this month, but now I'm back with plenty of topics to talk about.

First of all, my Christmas celebrations were great! I got to spend time with family and received some amazing gifts. I won't be listing out everything I was given because I don't feel that it's necessary. I would just feel like I'm bragging. However, I do want to share a few beauty-related gifts I received.  I also want to mention something I gave Mark that he loved....and shocker, it wasn't from Gamestop or BestBuy; it was from Sephora!

So let's get into it....


LUSH All The Best gift box
Contents:
-Ro's Argan Body Conditioner
-Dream Cream Body Lotion
-Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter
-2 limited edition soaps

I had this on my wishlist. Surprisingly, I have never tried anything from Lush despite it's popularity and appeal. I've passed by it many times at the mall and I've browsed here and there, but have always skipped out on purchasing anything. I finally decided it was time to give it a shot and this box seemed like a good place to start. I began using the products already and will be giving a full review when I finish them, along with my repurchasing plans. Next time I'll try some bath products. 




MAC Perfectly Plush Brush Kit
Contents:
-187 Duo Fibre Brush
-130 Short Duo Fibre Brush
-286 Duo Fibre Tapered Brush
-282 Duo Fibre Shader Brush
-Bag

Beautiful bag, amazing brushes - I simply love the kit. Even the box is extremely cute. I'm a huge MAC fan and am more than happy to add these to my brush collection.




Notes include jasmine, gardenia, fresh cucumber, and candied rose petals.

I have Coach Poppy Flower in a full size bottle, but I also wanted Coach Poppy. I hinted to Mark that I wouldn't mind a rollerball perfume and came across this fragrance in my stocking. It's a gorgeous scent and I think the rollerball is both cute and extremely convenient/functional.



Clarisonic Deep Pore Cleansing Brush Head

I needed a replacement brush head for my Clarisonic Mia, so I requested the deep pore cleansing brush. I'm eager to see how well this one will work compared to the regular brush head I was using. It's recommended to replace the brush heads every 3 months and I've had mine for far longer than that. I used it last night, and woke up to smoother skin already, so I think I'll like it. 




Avon nail polishes

I don't normally buy from Avon, but my mom has been a loyal customer since before I was born. She buys me earrings, nail polish, home decor, etc from Avon all the time. I used Avon makeup all throughout high school, but now I'm not much of a fan. I still like plenty of other things from Avon though and these polishes are very pretty. Can't wait to try them out, especially the glitter polishes.





Sephora Fragrance Sampler for Him

This is what I was referring to when I mentioned that I got a gift for Mark from Sephora.  It's a fragrance sampler that comes with a voucher for a full size fragrance. I knew he would want a new cologne, but I only knew one that he liked (which luckily is one of the fragrances in this sampler!). Instead of buying that specific scent, I wanted to give him the opportunity to try a few and pick the one he likes the most. The funny thing is, I knew about the fragrance sampler for women, but had no idea there was one for men until I was Christmas shopping. I'm so glad I came across it because Mark is thrilled that he gets to pick one out of this bunch. (And hello, it gives me a reason to make a special trip to Sephora!)

Update: Mark chose the one he liked previously - Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio. I knew he would!
09 10 Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Subscribe