We've moved! Peek & Ponder has moved homes and is not updating this site. You will be redirected to http://peekandponder.com.

December 27, 2012

December Birchbox: Kerastase, Benefit, Aerie, etc.

"All Wrapped Up"

You know it's a busy month when I'm just getting to my Birchbox review right before the end of the month. I usually post my review pretty close to when I receive it. This month's box was great. Here's a look at what I got....























Look at the lid in the background! I wish they all came with such pretty designs!



In addition to the samples, I got a $50 gift card for Rent the Runway, which is a site where you can rent current season fashion.

In my box...

Aerie Shimmer Fragrance
Full size: $14.95-39.95
My sample size: a little vial


A light scent that combines vanilla with peony and bergamot.

My thoughts: It's not a bad fragrance. I definitely catch the floral notes in it.
Will I buy it? On the fence. I have plenty of perfumes (hence the reason I don't want anymore perfume samples!). This one is different than anything I have, but I'm not sure if it really suits me.



ModelCo SHINE Ultra Lip Gloss
Full size: 4 ml - $16.00
My sample size: 4 ml - Full size!


Sheer lipgloss with a built-in mirror. This lipgloss can be worn alone or over a bold lipstick and stays in place for hours. Sample in 'Showgirl Red'.

My thoughts: These are the kind of products I like to see in my box! At a $16 value, this product alone makes my Birchbox amazing and worth the low monthly price. I had a full size mascara in my last box from this company that also featured a built-in mirror and I thought it was the coolest thing ever. The lipgloss is very sheer and smells fruity. It's not super thick or sticky in the slightest.
Will I buy it? There's definite potential here. Since I reveived the full sized product, I won't need to buy it for awhile though.


Benefit it's potent! eye cream
Full size: 0.5 oz - $32
My sample size: 0.1 oz


This eye cream is designed to fade under eye circles. It protects your skin from free radicals and preserves the elasticity of the delicate under eye area.

My thoughts: Great sample size. Benefit samples are usually pretty generous and this one is no different. I love the little pot it comes in. I used to use nothing but Benefit products and I think it's a great (and incredibly cute) brand. I don't have problems with under eye circles though, so I'm thinking of passing this sample along to my mom.
Will I buy it? Probably not for myself.


Kerastase Resistance Ciment Thermique - Protect
Full size: 125 ml - $39
My sample size: (two 10 ml packets)


A heat activated leave-in milk treatment for weakened hair.  It protects hair from heat damage and strengthens. To use, you apply a dime-sized amount to towel-dried hair, starting from the bottom and working your way up.

My thoughts: I had a Kerastase sample in a box before and I adored it. I haven't tried this product yet, but I'm eager to see if I like it. I'm glad I got 2 packets so I can use it more than once.
Will I buy it? Unsure until I try it.


Extra
Chuao Chocolatier Chocopod
Full size: 7 pack - $7.95
My sample size: One salted chocolate crunch chocopod


Miniature chocolate bars that are only 50-60 calories each! The set includes flavors like Potato Chip, Maple Bacon, Honeycomb, and others.

My thoughts: Remember in my other Birchbox reviews I said that I didn't ever want edible samples? Well this is the exception - I'll take a box filled of these! My chocolate bar contained toasted breadcrumbs with sea salt. Sounds questionable, but I loved it. It was a perfect mixture of sweet and salty.
Will I buy it? Very tempted. I'd like to try the others too.


Join Birchbox for $10/month
Sign up here

Find more Birchbox reviews here.

Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored or compensated review. All opinions are my own. A referral link was used.
09 10 Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Subscribe