Hot weather has arrived along with the urge to hit up the beach. If you're spending the day laying out in the sun, it's a good idea to bring a bag of necessities with you. I live in California, but I'm not close to the beach so this is more about what I bring to the pool.
Here is a look at what I generally keep in my bag....
In My Bag
1. Sudoku book - I got this pretty little sudoku book in a random shop but you can find sudoku books everywhere. I love doing sudoku puzzles when I have some down-time.
2. Reading material - I usually bring a current magazine or a book to read. I don't do tons of reading at the pool though because I get distracted very easily. I'm a people watcher!
3. Earbuds - obviously I bring my iPhone with me so I also throw my earbuds into my bag so I can listen to some tunes.
4. Hair-tie & Lip Balm - these are self-explanatory items. I have long hair and it makes me freaking hot in the summer (!!!) so I always keep a hair-tie or clip around. I also like to keep my lips feeling hydrated. My favorite lip balm is Burt's Bees Replenishing Balm with Pomegranate Oil.
5. Sunscreen - I slather on the sunscreen before I go to the pool but I also bring it with me so I can reapply after spending an hour or two in the sun. I use Coppertone Sport SPF 30.
6. A drink - I take a tumbler (this is a Starbucks one obviously) and fill it with cold water or juice.
7. A snack - I usually just bring a little something to munch on. I always get hungry at the pool!
8. Sunglasses - Got to keep the sun out of my eyes!
What's one item you must have in your beach bag?
Tell me in the comments below!