We've moved! Peek & Ponder has moved homes and is not updating this site. You will be redirected to http://peekandponder.com.

May 21, 2012

Smashbox Beauty Exposed Kit



I got this Smashbox Beauty Exposed kit at Ulta for $39 ($149 value). I mainly wanted it for the palette but I was also happy to have the other products included with it as well. The kit came with 5 great Smashbox products: foundation primer,  blush, eyeliner, lip gloss, and palette.




The Beauty Exposed palette, shown above, contains 4 eye shadows (Bare, Camel, Marble,and Oak) and 1 highlight shade in Moonstone. The quality of the shadows are really nice and apply smoothly. It's a nice neutral palette to throw in your purse. There are, however, a couple of drawbacks for me...the shades are too close to each other - there's not much of a range of colors. I find that I have to add more shadows from other palettes so my look shows more dimension. I would've liked the darkest shade to have been darker or for there to have been one more dark shade included in order to make a smokey eye.

As for the highlight, I do like it. It has a very fine glittery sheen to it. I don't love it but I like it enough that I'll use it up.


This blush is in the color "Peony". It's a matte medium pink shade that applies very easily. It doesn't take much product at all to give your cheeks a pink flush. I like this blush a lot.


This eyeliner in "Stone" is a dark espresso brown. I've used it one time but couldn't tell if I liked it or not. It didn't go on as smoothly as UD 24/7 liner. 



The Photo Finish Foundation Primer! I've heard so many good things. I've used it for awhile but I won't say much about it now - I'll wait until I review it (hint: I like it!)



This is a lip enhancing gloss in the shade "Starfruit". If you look at the swatch below you might see that the formula contains small gold flecks. It's really pretty!




Overall, I like this kit and think it's an awesome value, especially for those who haven't been able to try much from the brand. The colors and products are all pretty basic and would be good choices for most people. I would also recommend this kit for someone starting out with makeup or looking to build up their collection.

09 10 Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Subscribe