We've moved! Peek & Ponder has moved homes and is not updating this site. You will be redirected to http://peekandponder.com.

May 12, 2012

Gossip Girl Birchbox: Caudalie, Fusion Beauty, Ojon

It's that time of the month again (no, not that time) - it's Birchbox time! It came really quick this month. Usually I get it in the middle of the month but I have a feeling it has a little something to do with this month's theme....Gossip Girl! It's one of my favorite shows for sure. Can I just say that I'm so bored by Blair and Dan? I'm eager to watch what happens in the finale on Monday (really hoping for Chuck and Blair to be together again!).

Anyways, back to the point of this post. This month I was excited to see what would come in my box obviously. Gossip Girl always has such great fashion, makeup, and hair looks. This box was bound to have some great products...

What came in my box?





Arquiste Flor y Canto
Full size $165 (55 ml)

This is a gorgeous scent - and good thing too because I spilled it all over me trying to get it open! It's a floral scent inspired by an Aztec summer festival circa 1400. The notes include Mexican Tuberose, Magnolia, Plumeria, and Marigold. Would I buy the full size? Probably not considering the price tag. 
My sample size: 1.13 ml






Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream
Full size $19 (75 ml)

This cream comes from a French brand and acts as an anti-aging treatment. It is meant to keep your hands soft and your nails in good condition as well. It's made with grapeseed oil, orange pulp, and avocado. It has a slight fruity scent. I like it.
My sample size: 15 ml






FusionBeauty LipFusion Balm
Full size $22 (.17 oz)

This is a balm that does it all! It has SPF so it protects your lips from the sun, it's moisturizing, and has a bit of a plumping affect. The awesome part is that I was given the full size in my box, so this product alone makes the purchase of this Birchbox worth every penny. 
My sample size: .17 oz (full size)




Ojon Damage Reverse Restorative Conditioner
Full size $25 (8.5 fl oz)

I've heard of the Ojon brand a lot over the years but I've never tried anything. This conditioner claims to repair damaged hair and prevent future damage while also deep conditioning your hair. I haven't been able to used it yet but I'm definitely willing to give it a shot.
My sample size: 1 fl oz.






Extra 
Birchbox Notecard
Set of 12 $10

Birchbox created these notecards and in a set of 12 you get 4 different colors. Very cute. I'll use it for a special note.
My sample size: 1 card



My thoughts?
This box was pretty good and well worth the money. The monetary value of the products I received adds up to around $33 - more than triple what I paid! I haven't really been disappointed with Birchbox yet so I will continue with it as planned. Keep the awesome boxes coming!


-------------------------------

Join Birchbox for $10/month
Want more Birchbox reviews? Find them here.

Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored or paid review. All opinions are my own. A referral link was used.

09 10 Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Subscribe