We've moved! Peek & Ponder has moved homes and is not updating this site. You will be redirected to http://peekandponder.com.

January 9, 2012

Brand Review: MAC Cosmetics

MAC Cosmetics | Rating: ♥♥♥ (3/3) Love It

MAC (Make-up Art Cosmetics) seems to be one of the most popular brands among beauty lovers.  Its known for its great quality, wide range of colorful products, and affordability compared to other high-end brands. You hear many people talk about it and you've seen me mention it throughout many posts. Now it's time for my formal review. I'm a huge fan of the MAC brand. I've been hooked on it for about 5 years now. While I use a variety of makeup brands, MAC is the one I stick to the most.


Products I've used:
Foundation
-Studio Fix Fluid: This liquid foundation is my favorite. Some consider it to be too thick; I like the consistency.

Concealer
-Studio Finish Concealer: This concealer has good coverage and is long-wearing.
-Studio Sculpt Concealer: This concealer is more creamy. Great coverage but didn't last as long on me.

Powder
-Mineralize Skinfinish Natural: This is the powder I currently use. It gives a smooth appearance to my complexion
-Select Sheer Pressed Powder: A good basic powder.

Blush
-Mineralize Blush: Great blush. It doesn't take much product to build up a good amount of color on your cheeks.

Eye Products
-Fluidline:The best gel eyeliner ever!! I like it better than liquid liner and it lasts all day and night.
-Eyeshadow:  They have such fun colors and they last forever! Deep Truth, Carbon, Sable, and All That Glitters are among my favorite shades.

Lip Products
-Lipglass: I'm not a big fan of lip gloss products to begin with and these are pretty sticky. I'm very drawn to them though.
-Lipstick: I love their lipsticks. There are so many to choose from!

Primer/Skin Products
-Fix +: A makeup setting spray. Not a necessity, however, I love using it in the summer. It feels refreshing and it gives me that dewy look.
-Prep + Prime Skin: A makeup primer. I don't use it all the time. I like it but don't love it.


As you can see, I've used a few products from MAC but have barely scratched the surface of all that they offer! I tend to stick to the products I know work well for me but I'd love to branch out to new things. I find their products very affordable considering the quality and the lifespan of the products. I also love their simple modern-looking packaging. I know I'll be using this brand for a long time.


09 10 Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Subscribe