We've moved! Peek & Ponder has moved homes and is not updating this site. You will be redirected to http://peekandponder.com.

April 15, 2011

Flower-Pot-Painting

Lately I've been wanting to do more artsy type things since haven't for awhile and I was sitting around wondering what I could do that would be a little bit different. I was in the mood to explore new areas I could go with art. So I thought it would be a fun idea to paint some flower pots.
The flower pots were very inexpenisve at Lowe's and I already had a ton of brushes from painting classes. I had to buy some paint and that was the most expensive part of the project. I got 6 fun acrylic colors for about $30 from an art store and I bought a bottle of white acrylic paint from Walmart for really cheap. Walmart has a bunch of inexpensive acrylic paints in tons of colors. I also noticed Michaels has a section dedicated to this type of project as well. You can basically get all the supplies there although some things might by slightly more expensive.

For the first one I used fun bright colors and painted a leopard print pattern.



For the second one, I painted a more abstract design in bold colors.

They didn't take much time (especially since I used the white paint as a base) and it was a fun little project. I plan to do more of them using different designs and if they turn out good enough I might sell them if people are interested but for now I'm just having fun with it.

You can find a set of arcylic paints to start out with here Basics Acrylic Paint-8 Color Set

09 10 Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Subscribe