We've moved! Peek & Ponder has moved homes and is not updating this site. You will be redirected to http://peekandponder.com.

January 21, 2014

Haul: NYX lip products


NYX lip products
The other day, I stopped at Ulta with my 20% off coupon and headed to the NYX area. I was on a mission to get some lip products. I picked out six gorgeous lippies! Lucky for me, they were Buy 1, Get 1 50% off.



First and foremost, I wanted another Butter Gloss. I just got one recently and found that I really liked it. It's not a super sticky lip gloss, so I can tolerate it on my lips.  Therefore, I chose Apple Strudel, which is a peachy pink.

NYX Butter Gloss - Apple Strudel




NYX Apple Strudel




Then I went for the Soft Matte Lip Creams. I didn't know anything about them, but they sounded interesting.After trying them, I've discovered that they are amazing! They apply like a gloss but are more creamy and completely opaque. I'm in love with the colors I got - Istanbul and San Paulo.
Istanbul turns out to be a darker pink than the tube appears; it's a midtone rosy pink. San Paulo is a reddish pink shade - super pretty!

NYX soft matte lip creams




NYX soft matte lip creams



Next, I picked out two Matte lipsticks because I hadn't tried them yet either. I picked up Audrey, which is a pretty purple pink, and Nude, which is is peachy pink that is very similar to Apple Strudel.

NYX matte lipsticks



NYX matte lipsticks


NYX matte lipsticks




Lastly, I got a regular lipstick in Tea Rose. It's another rosy pink but darker than Istanbul and has a little more red in it. I've been using these lipsticks for years, so I knew I would like this one.

NYX Tea Rose




NYX Tea Rose lipstick



NYX Tea Rose


Here are the swatches:

NYX lip swatches


I loved everything I picked out; I was just bummed that there weren't any Butter Lipsticks left. I really wanted to try those!


09 10 Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Subscribe