We've moved! Peek & Ponder has moved homes and is not updating this site. You will be redirected to http://peekandponder.com.

May 6, 2011

Hair Repair (Part 1)

My Hair Challenge
Recently I've set a goal for myself to take steps towards getting my hair to be more healthy. I want my hair to grow long and beautiful but in its current condition that's not probable. My hair is oily at the roots, dry at the ends and somewhat damaged from all the heat I use on it. So I've decided to create my own hair challenge.

These are the things I've realized I need to do for my hair in order to acquire the gorgeous hair I long for:

1. Wash less often. I'm one of those girls who showers and washes her hair daily. I like to feel fresh and clean everyday and since my roots are so oily I feel gross if I don't wash my hair, however, it is considered unhealthy to wash your hair daily. I want to wash my hair 4 days per week instead of 7.

2. Use less heat. My hair is wavy but not the pretty kind of wavy. Some partsof my hair are sort of straight, other parts are a little on the curly side and altogether it looks like one big mess! I use a hair dryer and a flat iron to tame it but they can be so damaging. I want to eliminate one of those heat tools.

3. Trim more regularly.  I'm not the type to get a trim every 6-8 weeks as recommended and that's because I feel like it doesn't have time to grow in that short period so I only get a couple trims a year. I want to trim my hair more often in order to keep it healthy and prevent dry, split ends.

4. Use a heat protectant. Using a heat protectant is key when using hot tools on your hair. I only use them every one in awhile. I want to use a heat protectant every time I use a hot tool on my hair.

So those are the steps I plan to take and I'm sure I'll try out some different things along the way as well. Feel free to take on the challenge with me and tell me the steps you plan to take!

I will be posting again in about a month to give an update on my progress and let you know how things are going!!

09 10 Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Subscribe