We've moved! Peek & Ponder has moved homes and is not updating this site. You will be redirected to http://peekandponder.com.

August 5, 2013

Triangles and Dots Nail Tutorial

After browsing Pinterest, I was inspired to do some nail art for my manicure today. I always see triangle manicures and I wanted to do one, but put my own spin on the design by adding dots. It was incredibly easy and fairly fast. Keep reading for the tutorial.











On a quick side note....
I haven't been posting manicures every Monday. I feel like  there aren't enough posts in between them to balance things out. What do you think? Would you still like to see manicures every Monday regardless of the amount of other posts? Or would you like to see one every couple of weeks like I've been doing? Let me know in the comments!

Anyway, this manicure is easy and quick. It was simple enough to do on both hands. Here are the things you'll need for this design.

  • China Glaze - Flip Flop Fantasy
  • Julie G - Fierce & Fab
  • Dotting tool

The Steps

1. Apply a base coat.

2. Apply a coral shade. I used Flip Flop Fantasy from China glaze. It's a neon coral - and when I say neon, I mean the brightest neon coral shade you've ever seen!







This was a hard polish to work with. It's thick and dries quickly. I had to apply 2 coats to make a solid opaque layer. It would be difficult to get that solid color without that extra coat - it would look way to streaky!

3. Use a neon purple to layer on top while leaving a triangle of coral near the cuticle. I used Julie G's Fierce and Fab. I just made the lines for the triangle first and then filled in the rest of the nail.




I did this freehand and obviously it isn't perfect, but I like the way it looks. If you want straight lines and a more perfect triangle, I suggest using tape!

4. Dip a dotting tool into your coral color and add a dot right under each triangle.





5. Add a top coat, shiny or matte!


I love this mani! It's so simple but looks so cool. How do you think it turned out? If you recreate it, will you use the same colors? 
09 10 Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Subscribe