We've moved! Peek & Ponder has moved homes and is not updating this site. You will be redirected to http://peekandponder.com.

July 28, 2012

Hello, Red Lips!

I have to admit, I've never tried red lips before. It wasn't even until a few years that I really got into wearing lipstick but even then, I would stick to pinks and nudes. I always thought I'd try a red but not until I could try a few on at the makeup counter and pick the perfect one. I guess you could say I was also a little bit afraid to go so bold. Awhile back I was looking through the Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss collection and I was immediately drawn to the red one (01) - it doesn't actually have a name. I didn't buy it right away but I kept thinking about it. Eventually, my curiosity became too strong so I went to the store to snatch it up.

I like the black packaging and isn't that red such a gorgeous shade?!



Here's a swatch.


Of course I had to do a whole look centered around my new lipstick right away. I applied neutral shades to my lids accompanied by black liner and I also added a set of very natural false lashes. I kept my face pretty natural and layed down one thick, even coat of lipstick.


After I applied the lipstick I cleaned up the edges with concealer.



I wanted my hair to complement my makeup so I went with big loose waves that I created with my curling wand. This whole look made me feel like a different person, but in a good way! I felt like I was exploring a new side of myself. It was fun. 

It turned out that the red was a perfect shade - not to orange-y, not too dark.; just vibrant and bold. Also another great thing is that this lipstick really has staying power! It lasted for hours on my lips just the way I applied it. Now I'm excited to try more reds and bold colors.

Do you wear red lipsticks?
Let me know your favorites!



Disclaimer: This is not a paid or sponsored review. Products mentioned in this post were purchased by me. All opinions are honest.

09 10 Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Subscribe