We've moved! Peek & Ponder has moved homes and is not updating this site. You will be redirected to http://peekandponder.com.

July 19, 2012

Day-to-Night Nails

We always think of ways to transform our makeup and outfits from day to night or casual to dressy, but have you thought about doing the same for your nails? Would you consider slightly changing your polish  from a day at the beach to a night on the town? Or would you just keep them the same? Today I wanted to share a manicure that I took from neutral to embellished!

First, I covered my nails with a base coat from Revlon. Then I swiped on 2 coats of Essie's Buy Me a Cameo, which is described as a frosted satin mocha. This color is a gorgeous glowing nude that I would wear to the beach or for a casual day out in the sun. 

It makes my nails look sun-kissed!


To dress it up I added 2 glitter top coats also from Essie, Set in Stones (silver) and A Cut Above (pink). I know I use these a lot (and can you blame me?!) but this is the first time I've used them together. Adding them transformed my nails from casual to dressy, and oh-so-sparkly!



Now my nails are ready for a night out and it was a simple addition that made a big difference! I happened to plan this out but if I needed a quick change, I would probably do something like this rather than try to repaint my nails. Quick polish jobs never work out for me!

How do you like my nail transition?
Do you dress up your nails for nights?


09 10 Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Subscribe