We've moved! Peek & Ponder has moved homes and is not updating this site. You will be redirected to http://peekandponder.com.

February 22, 2012

Urban Decay Naked 1 & 2 Palette Comparison

Urban Decay 
Naked 2 Palette | Rating: ♥ ♥ ♥ (3/3) Love it!



This palette is awesome! The first Naked palette was an instant love for me. I have to admit when I first looked at the second one online I thought it was close to the same as the first palette. I didn't see a need to buy it, didn't even see a point in looking at it in person. After seeing videos and hearing such wonderful things I had to give it another look and I'm glad I did.

Here you can see the two palettes side by side. Naked 2 is on top. You can see that I use the Naked (first) palette pretty often.


Looking at this picture they basically look the same. You might be thinking that anyone who has both palettes is clearly blind, but it's not until you actually use it that you see the differences in the shadows. Yes, they are very similar but the shades are different enough that if you have both you'll just have a big range of neutral colors to wear (which I love). There is only one repeat shadow which is Half Baked - a nice gold. I don't think it's absolutely necessary to have both palettes.

I like the packaging a little better with the Naked 2. It snaps closed and the hard case allows for more wear and tear. It will stay looking nice for a longer time. The first palette only has a magnetic closure and the outside is a velvety texture which can look worn down after so long.

I wouldn't be able to pick one over the other as far as the shadows go. The quality is the same. If you're stuck trying to decide between the two palettes I would suggest looking at them in person. I think anyone would be happy to have either one though.


09 10 Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Subscribe