We've moved! Peek & Ponder has moved homes and is not updating this site. You will be redirected to http://peekandponder.com.

March 25, 2014

Ipsy Glam Bag - March 2014

Ipsy Glam Bag March 2014



I don't know about you, but I'm LOVING my Ipsy subscription.  I've had some pretty great things in my bags. This is my favorite beauty subscription service by far. It's so affordable ($10/month!) and the sample sizes are consistently big, including a lot of full-sized products - hello Zoya nail polishes!


This month didn't disappoint either. I got 4 products, a couple of which are full-sized products.
The bag itself is really interesting this month. The print is from an art piece by Klari Reis.


Ipsy Glam Bag


Here's what came inside.....

Contents of Ipsy March 2014

Be A Bombshell | Bora Bora Eyeshadow Quad

This is a gorgeous quad of rich shadows. It retails for $16, so this product alone is worth more than what I paid for the bag. The shadows can be used wet or dry. They're exceptionally radiant colors. I especially love the copper shade in this quad.

Be A Bombshell Bora Bora Eyeshadow Quad

Bora Bora Swatches

Nicole by OPI | Roughles - On What Grounds?

The unique part of this polish is that it's textured, so when it dries it has a pebbled matte finish. I don't own many textured polishes; I just don't like my nails to feel rough. I decided to test this one anyway out of curiosity. The texture really isn't that rough nor does it bother me. I like it more than I thought I would. It retails for $7.99 - that means the value of my bag is already at $24!


Nicole by OPI On What Grounds?

Bare Minerals | Marvelous Moxie Lipstick - Get Ready

I actually already have a mini lipstick in this shade. I got in the Kiss & Tell set I bought awhile back. These lipsticks are described to be creamy, ultra-pigmented, and are said to glide on like butter. I agree that they have great color, however, I don't get that buttery feeling like I have with other lipsticks - the Benefit Silky Finish Lipstick being one of those magical formulas. It's still a great product to see in my bag though!

Since I own one of these, I'm giving this one away in a giveaway along with a lot of other great stuff. Go here to enter!


Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie in Get Ready



Pixi Beauty | Flawless Beauty Primer

This primer has a formula that contains anti-aging ingredients to help give a glowing, youthful appearance. I haven't tried it on my face, but I did test it out on my hand. It comes out in a rosy pink shade and blends out to a radiant glow. The size of this sample is pretty big. I'll be able to use it for a good amount of time.
Find it here

Pixi Beauty Flawless Face Primer


Overall thoughts

This month, my bag did a good job at giving me products I wouldn't have thought to try before (except the lipstick). The other three are things that I wouldn't have purchased on my own and I like that. It's great to be able to sample different brands.  The sample sizes allow me to use the products long enough to determine if I want to buy more from the brands.

My favorite product of the bag is the eyeshadow quad - as if I don't have enough of them, right? I'm just a sucker for shadows, but the nail polish is a close second!

Interested in getting your own monthly Glam Bag?
Sign up here!


Don't forget to vote for me as Best Blogger!
Find us on the A-List Peek and Ponder Peek and Ponder


*This subscription was purchased by me. All opinions are my own.

09 10 Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Subscribe