Ebates is a site you can use to earn cash back on many of your online purchases.
How it Works
Ebates offers cash back on over 1600 stores. Some of my favorites are Walmart, Amazon, Sephora, Walgreens, Target, Macy's, and Nordstorm. It's free to sign up and very easy to use.
You might be wondering how Ebates is able to give you money if it's a free service. Well, Ebates makes a commission from your purchases. They share that commission with you so that you earn some cash back. Pretty cool, huh?
How to use Ebates
Ebates is really simple to use:
1. Sign up (it's 100% free!). If you already have an account just sign in.
2. From Ebates, select the store you want to shop at. You can browse their categories or search for a specific store. Each store offers their own percentage of cash back that you'll earn.
3. Once you select your store, Ebates will take you to the site of the store. You can then shop and check out as you normally would.
4. Earn cash back! Cash back is credited to your account usually within 48 hours, so if you don't see anything right away, don't panic!
Here's an example: Let's say I want to buy a TV from Walmart. I sign into Ebates, choose Walmart to shop at, and then start browsing the TVs. I find this 55" VIZIO Razor LED 3D Smart HDTV. It costs $1,048 and I decide to buy it. Walmart offers 2.0% cash back, so I earn $20.96 from the purchase!
Receiving your money
Ebates pays you every 3 months as long as you have at least $5.01 in your account (if you don't, the amount will be carried over to the next check). You can choose to be paid by check or Paypal. You can also choose to have your money sent to your favorite charity or a family member if you wish.
- Often times, you can get double cash back at select stores (I see it happen with Sephora a lot).
- On Ebates, you can also find coupon codes and discounts, so check for those before you start shopping.
- You can earn money for referring your friends!
- Don't forget to sign into Ebates first when shopping so you can get credit! Leave a reminder for yourself somewhere close to your computer so you remember.
- There's also an Ebates app for iPhone!
So I think I've covered all of the important information you need to know about using Ebates. You can find even more info on the Ebates website. It's a great way to earn cash back and save money. I recommend it to all my friends and family. I have my mom and my boyfriend hooked on it!!
Sign up for Ebates here!
Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post. All opinions are my own and are in no way influenced by the brands mentioned. Affiliate & referral links were used.