We've moved! Peek & Ponder has moved homes and is not updating this site. You will be redirected to http://peekandponder.com.

July 1, 2013

How to: Fourth of July Nails



In need of a patriotic nail design for Independence Day? Here's what I came up with! It's a simple design that can easily be recreated. Keep reading to find all of the polishes used and steps to remake this 4th of July mani!


Polishes used for this mani:



Step One - Paint 
The first step was painting my nails with the base colors. For my thumb and pinky, I used OPI Red. It's the perfect red shade and super creamy. I wear it on my toes for a good portion of Summer every year. 
I painted my index finger with Purity. It's a straight up stark white; it's almost like painting your nails with white out. I coated my middle finger with Trixie, which is a shimmery silver shade. For my ring finger, I used Butler Please, a deep royal blue. I went back and added a second coat to each nail.


Here are my nails with all of the colors applied. This is a cute 4th of July mani by itself!


Step Two - Stripes
Next, I added stripes of OPI Red to my index finger. I used a thin brush dipped in the polish, but a red striper would work too. Don't have either? Try using tape - this would help create cleaner lines too!



Step Three - Glitter
Then, I added Set in Stones, Essie's silver glitter top coat, to my middle finger. It just added a bit of sparkle, which is very suiting for 4th of July. 



Step Four - Star
Finally, I drew a star with Trixie and the same thin brush on my ring finger. It took a little concentration, but was fairly easy.



After those steps, a top coat can be added. Just remember to let everything dry for a bit before added the top coat to avoid smearing. You can add a matte or shiny topcoat. I personally like this design to look glossy though.

Done!

I love how it came out! It wasn't too hard and didn't take very long. It's very appropriate for the upcoming holiday. 

Have fun watching those fireworks!



09 10 Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Subscribe