We've moved! Peek & Ponder has moved homes and is not updating this site. You will be redirected to http://peekandponder.com.

February 24, 2012

N.Y.C. Custom Compacts

Rating: ♥♥ (Like it)


I usually don't buy many eyeshadows or eyeshadow palettes from the drugstore. I never know how good the quality or color pay off is going to be so most of the time I don't bother. These NYC palettes were actually discovered by my mom. She picked one up for me at RiteAid awhile back and after trying one I had to check out the others.


About the product...
These palettes are great for traveling and taking your makeup on-the-go. They come with 4 shadows, a primer, and an illuminator. The colors were created to coordinate with your eye color but I just buy the ones I like regardless of who they're meant for.

I have Union Square (for brown eyes), Bryant Park (for blue eyes), and Smokey Browns (for brown eyes).

What I think...
The shadows have good color pay off. The primer has a waxy texture to it and it works as a good basic primer. The only thing I'm on the fence about is the illuminator. It has a clumpy texture and looks very frosty so you have to be careful with how much you apply. 

Overall...
I think these are great all-in-one products. They fit easily in your purse and work well enough for quick makeup looks. Best of all, they're very inexpensive!


09 10 Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Subscribe