We've moved! Peek & Ponder has moved homes and is not updating this site. You will be redirected to http://peekandponder.com.

June 29, 2014

Ipsy Glam Bag - June 2014

Ipsy Glam Bag June 2014

Purchased by me

This month marks a whole year that I've been an Ipsy subscriber! Wow, I didn't even realize I've been getting these bags that long. Will I stick around for another year? I guess we'll have to see!
The theme for June is Pretty in Paradise. I received 5 samples in my bag and 3 of them were full-sized!


This month's bag was designed by Rebecca Minkoff, which is pretty cool. I've had my eyes on some  Rebecca Minkoff handbags, like this one. The pattern of this Ipsy bag is very similar to this Rebecca Minkoff pouch. I love that I have my own little Rebecca Minkoff makeup bag now!

Rebecca Minkoff Ipsy bag


Here's what came in my bag...


Ipsy Glam Bag June 2014


Marc Anthony | Dream Waves Beach Spray

Marc Anthony Dream Waves Beach Spray

This spray adds texture and body to create beachy waves. I love products that enhance waves. My hair is naturally wavy, but I usually can't wear it sans product because it's a little on the frizzy side. Texture or wave sprays help to tame my hair while amplifying my waves. I used this spray on my hair yesterday. It did enhance my waves a bit, but I still had that frizzy look. It smells like coconut, which isn't my favorite scent, but it's not too noticeable.

walgreens.com


Nicka K New York | Shimmer Eyeliner

Nicka K New York Shimmer Eyeliner

This liquid liner is water, smudge, and fade-resistant. Mine is in a green color, but there are a total of 12 shades to choose from. I would've liked something a little more wearable. I used it today, and realized there is one thing that will keep me from ever buying it. The brush was very hard; it felt like I was using a piece of plastic to apply the liner. It was actually painful to my lid. So, I won't be using it again or buying it.

nicka.com


NYX | Butter Gloss

NYX Butter Gloss Eclair

This is such a popular gloss from NYX! It's super affordable and comes in a bunch of cute shades. I have a few already in my collection. Luckily, I didn't have this shade (Eclair). Whenever I wear these glosses, I think of cupcakes because of the taste/smell. Yum! I would love to see more things like this in my bags.

nyxcosmetics.com


Be A Bombshell | Lash Out Mascara


Be A Bombshell Lash Out Mascara

This mascara aims to lengthen lashes while creating dimension. There's a lot of buzz around this mascara, and none of it is good. About 95% of the comments I've seen are about its horrible smell. I totally agree with those complaints. It's the worst smelling mascara I've ever had. It doesn't smell right at all. I feel like the scent is a mixture of rubber, plastic, and gas. It's seriously that bad! I won't even be trying this product.

beabombshellcosmetics.com


DERMAdoctor | DD Cream

Dermadoctor DD cream

Move over BB and CC creams, now we've got DD creams. We're working our way through the alphabet.  This DD cream is a multifunctional product that evens skin tone, hydrates, reduces redness, brightens, and mattifies, among many other things. It contains Broad Spectrum SPF 30. I wore this instead of my Garnier BB Cream. I didn't care for it though because it made me look oily and it was too dark for me; my face looked muddy.


dermadoctor.com


__________________________________

Well, this wasn't my best month with Ipsy. At first glance, I thought I was going to like it all. After the smelly mascara, the scratchy eyeliner, and the greasy DD cream, I guess my first impression was a bit off! I didn't mind the beach spray too much and I was super happy to get a NYX product.  Even though this month's bag wasn't the greatest, I'm definitely continuing with my subscription. It's still worth it, even with a bad month here and there.


Want to join in on the Ipsy Bag fun?
Join here!




*This subscription is paid by me and all opinions are my own. 
09 10 Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Subscribe