We've moved! Peek & Ponder has moved homes and is not updating this site. You will be redirected to http://peekandponder.com.

July 22, 2012

Glamour + Birchbox: Stila, Color Club, Boscia

This month, Birchbox paired up with Glamour to celebrate the senses of summer. In the box, there are various products that cover each sense: sight, smell, taste, touch, and sound.




In my Box...


Annick Goutal Eau d'Hadrien
Full size $85 | 50 ml


The designer, Annick Goutal, took inspiration from Italy to create this scent. It has notes of citrus that are supposed to mimic sun-ripened fruit in a Tuscan orchard.
My thoughts: I have to say I'm not a fan. To me it smells like an orange peel and while I like that scent for cleaning supplies, it doesn't appeal to me as a fragrance I would wear. It's not horrible but it's just not for me. If you like strong citrus scents you may like it.


boscia B.B. Cream SPF 27 PA++
Full size $38 | 1.75 oz


This BB Cream is self-adjusting to match your skin tone. It moisturizes, soothes, and firms your skin while covering imperfections and flaws. It also protects your skin from the sun with SPF 27.
My thoughts:  This is the second BB cream I've tried lately. I haven't completely tested it out yet with a full application but I did play around with it a bit. I blended it into my skin and to my surprise it actually did adjust to my skin tone. I love the idea of BB creams, especially for summertime.


Color Club Summer Pastels
Full size $8 | 0.5 fl oz


Color Club's Summer Pastels Collection come in 6 different colors for bright summer nails: Factory Girl (blue), Peppermint Twist (pink), Coral Clambake (peach), Blue-Ming (turquoise), Lavendarling (violet), and Hydrangea Kiss (blue).
My thoughts: I've seen people use Color Club polishes a lot for their nails but I've never tried them myself. I received Blue-Ming in my box. If I had the choice, I probably would've picked a different color for me but I don't have a turquoise in my polish collection so maybe this is my chance to try one. I'm currently building up my nail polish collection so I'm happy with any polish I get.


stila lip glaze
Set of 3 $12




Birchbox teamed up with Stila to make a limited edition set of three shimmery glosses. The 'It's Go Time Lip Glaze Trio' includes shades named Lights, Camera, and Action. Stila's Lip Glazes contain Vitamins A, C, and E and come in a click pen.
My thoughts: I have wanted to try Stila products for a long time so finding a Lip Glaze in my box was very exciting.  I was given Action, which is a rosy shade with golden shimmer. I'm not a huge gloss fan in general but this one lasts a long time and complements my skin tone. I think $12 for the set is a really good price.




EXTRAS

Tea Forte minteas
3 tins $9.95



These mints are all-natural, sugar-free, and come in various flavors. I thought this was a cool extra. There are 75 mints in one tin so it will last awhile. The only problem I have is the flavor. Mine is lemongrass yuzu - it's not so bad that it's inedible, but it's not an appealing flavor for me.


Birchbox Exclusive Earbuds
These were made just for Birchbox subscribers. I thought it was awesome to get these in my box! I love that they're neon and I'll be keeping these in my beach bag.



This month's box was pretty good. There were some products I was absolutely thrilled to receive and a couple that I was more indifferent about. I know I'm not going to love everything I get every single time. To me, it's still very much worth the $10 a month. My points have been accumulating from giving my feedback on each product. I have almost $50 to spend and I can't wait to use it on more beauty products in the Birchbox shop!

Join here to get your own monthly Birchbox!
Want more Birchbox reviews? Go here.


Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored or compensated review. The box was paid for by me and reviewed with my honest opinions. 
09 10 Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Subscribe