We've moved! Peek & Ponder has moved homes and is not updating this site. You will be redirected to http://peekandponder.com.

June 22, 2012

In My Beach Bag


Hot weather has arrived along with the urge to hit up the beach. If you're spending the day laying out in the sun, it's a good idea to bring a bag of necessities with you. I live in California, but I'm not close to the beach so this is more about what I bring to the pool.

Here is a look at what I generally keep in my bag....



 In My Bag

1. Sudoku book
 - I got this pretty little sudoku book in a random shop but you can find sudoku books everywhere. I love doing sudoku puzzles when I have some down-time. 
2. Reading material - I usually bring a current magazine or a book to read. I don't do tons of reading at the pool though because I get distracted very easily. I'm a people watcher!
3. Earbuds - obviously I bring my iPhone with me so I also throw my earbuds into my bag so I can listen to some tunes.
4. Hair-tie & Lip Balm - these are self-explanatory items. I have long hair and it makes me freaking hot in the summer (!!!) so I always keep a hair-tie or clip around. I also like to keep my lips feeling hydrated.  My favorite lip balm is Burt's Bees Replenishing Balm with Pomegranate Oil.
5. Sunscreen - I slather on the sunscreen before I go to the pool but I also bring it with me so I can reapply after spending an hour or two in the sun. I use Coppertone Sport SPF 30.
6. A drink - I take a tumbler (this is a Starbucks one obviously) and fill it with cold water or juice. 
7. A snack - I usually just bring a little something to munch on. I always get hungry at the pool!
8. Sunglasses - Got to keep the sun out of my eyes!



What's one item you must have in your beach bag?
Tell me in the comments below!

09 10 Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Subscribe