We've moved! Peek & Ponder has moved homes and is not updating this site. You will be redirected to http://peekandponder.com.

October 12, 2011

Peacock Themed Makeup Look

For this look I decided to go more dramatic and colorful!I was inspired by peacock feathers but this look can be used for a mermaid look too or altered to suit other themes as well. It doesn't even have to be for halloween!







Eyes:
It would be too hard to list out every step I did for this look. It did take quite awhile to achieve the look I wanted. I used 2 palettes from Urban Decay.




Listed below are the eyeshadows I used from each palette.

15-Year Anniversary Palette
Evidence
Deep End
Deeper
Chase

NYC Palette
Loaded
Rockstar
Maui Wowie
Kush
Radium

Tip: When creating a colorful makeup look, dampen your eyeshadow brush before picking up the colors. This will make the colors appear more vibrant and true.

To finish off the makeup I used my regular powder (MAC Mineralize Skinfinish) and applied a peach-colored blush (Papa Don't Peach by Too Faced).  I swiped Myth from MAC onto my lips and Ceto from NYX over the top to get a sheer pink look.


Hair:
I let my hair dry naturally into loose waves. You can achieve a similar look by sleeping in braids and taking them out the next morning or by using a texturizing spray and scrunching your hair.

Hope you liked the look!
09 10 Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Subscribe